Panduh's 96 BH 1.5l DX Restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panduh's 96 BH 1.5l DX Restore

I bought her from a coworker for $200, was told the clutch needed to be replaced and new basics like brakes, struts, etc.
    Towed it home, it ended up starting right up and went into gear and has been 100% my daily driver so far. Shes got a couple problems don't get me wrong but overall great find for 200 bucks.
    All I've done so far is completely repainted the interior besides messing with the seats, carpet or headliner I just threw on some leather seat covers and new mats.
    Need to repair so far:
    Struts
    Cv axle
    Right door sounds "crunchy" so assuming there's damage there
    Power door locks work but button is glued so can't use it
    Dash lights and guages are fine
    Dome light, radio, cig lighter doesn't work so assuming wiring issue since the radio wiring is a hack job.
    New muffler, the old one was in the trunk and looks to be a glass pack not stock.
    Wiper fluid hoses/connectors
    There's a lot of play in the shifter, thinking new bushings
    Shifter extender since I'm half blind in my right eye
    New mirror glass on the rh side
    The power mirrors don't work
    New headlamp assembly
    Looking for a upgrade on the bumper
    Needs new bulbs and connectors for turn signal
    ISO lower grille moulding both sides
    So far I think that's all I got for repairs.
    Then a good wash is all she got and ill attach pics as soon as I can figure out how to do so.

Lemme know if anyone currently knows where I can import a bumper or has a bumper ill pay shipping. Everything I've seen on the threads so far is so old its sold already. Thanks in advance I hope yall enjoy the restore!

Welcome. Nice score.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
    X