Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Return of the Raffle! PSP system Raffle!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm laughing at the fact only 5 people have put up. this sucks so far... who wants a PSP at great odds???
    Guess who's back, back again. cable's back.. tell a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by cablemirc
      The total number of tickets sold will be over a 30 day time span. The winner will be chosen on either 7/1/2006, or 7/2/2006, upon third party availability. The number of entrants will not be revealed until that time, at which time a list will be posted (your name can be omitted from the public if need be, for which the name “confidential donor from (your city)” will be substituted.
      No offense Dave, but why aren't the rules being followed? As part of your first post you said that the number wouldn't be revealed. Now, since a relatively low number of people are contributing you have started to try and advertise an advantage to sign up as the small number of donations. I'm not just saying this because I was one of the people to donate (because my donation was based on helping CP), but because the rules of the raffle are not being followed. If you want to increase sales, simply bump the thread or advertise in another way - the rules were strictly laid out to keep any trouble out of this business, and I think in order to keep it straight, they should be followed.
      Last edited by EricM; 06-22-2006, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by esmacmil
        No offense Dave, but why aren't the rules being followed? As part of your first post you said that the number wouldn't be revealed. Now, since a relatively low number of people are contributing you have started to try and advertise an advantage to sign up as the small number of donations. I'm not just saying this because I was one of the people to donate (because my donation was based on helping CP), but because the rules of the raffle are not being followed. If you want to increase sales, simply bump the thread or advertise in another way - the rules were strictly laid out to keep any trouble out of this business, and I think in order to keep it straight, they should be followed.

agreed. my apologies. retrospecively, i thought i'd said number of ENTRIES would not be revealed, but i was in error. by saying how many had entered, i would not reveal the number of tickets that have been bought, which was the intent of the rule. however, you are correct, and i will not say how many people have entered.

i will however say i'm VERY disappointed in how this has proceeded, and stand to lose a lot of money on it, rather than raising any funds as anticipated.

odds will be spectacular for those who have entered.

Comment

Originally posted by cablemirc
          i will however say i'm VERY disappointed in how this has proceeded
          understandable...just trying to get things straightened out...like i said, im not saying this for personal gain, just that i dont want stories of the past to come out again this time, and to protect the club

Comment

all entries will be and/or have been refunded, this raffle has been cancelled due to lack of interest. sorry. i thought it was a good idea, there seemed to be enough support behind it, but being in the position i am in, i simply cannot afford to continue when the unit itself did'nt even reach being paid for.

normally, i would have included that as a clause in the raffle rules, but enthusiasm seemed high, and i thought it would be the last thing i'd worry about. my mistake. everyone is getting a refund, so nobody lost anything.

again, due to lack of interest, this raffle has been cancelled. sorry for any inconvienience.

futher discussion of this topic can take place here.
            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...288#post313288
            flame away. ;p

Comment

Working...
            X