No announcement yet.

2006 Mazda Miata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well it has a 2.0L I4. "As a base," so no clue if there will be an upgraded motor for the LS models..... 160hp est. from teh 2.0L motor. Sad to see the BP go. Nice to see a 2.0L in there though.

Listed options are a convertible metal hardtop for late 06/07, as the miata should be out by late this year.

Thoughts?
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

mechanical bits and pieces seem good, even if the styling is a bit off . . . should be fun to drive.

Comment

not bad that they increased the wheel base, upped the displacement, 22% less body flex, and 47% more torsional rigidity, all while only adding 20lbs to the 2nd gens orginal weight.

underpowered or not, that thing has got the potential to hug the corners like no other.

Comment

with the numbers they published i don't know if i'd call it underpowered, sure you aren't going to take an S2k or Z4, but it's not like you'll be getting eaten by a ford taurus either

Comment

yeah, but for a 2.0L motor thats RWD, they could have taken it to the 200hp mark easily and kept the MPG still pretty decent. It would sell alot more for sure if it did.

Comment

is the 2.3 just an increased displacement version of the 2.0?

Comment

couldn't tell you for sure.

Would be nice though to see a stroker kit for the NA guys, and plenty of turbos for the FI lovers..... making then new miata a better seller than EveAr!

Comment

this motor should get more aftermarket support. especially if the 2.3 is just an increased displacement version of the same block.

Comment

Its probably just the 2.0L motor from the mazda 3 borrowed over and converted to RWD. I wonder with the new one if there will be a MS version.

Comment

i know its the 2.0 from the 3, but for some reason i remember reading somewhere that the 2.0 and 2.3 shared a block, just that the 2.3 had more displacement (i dont know if it was bored out or stroked or whatever). the 2.3 is shared between the premium 3 and base 6, so if it is the same block, then that means it crosses 3 different platforms, which would make it marketable as far as aftermarket is concerned.

Comment

I like it all, maybe change the headlights a tad though, and thats it. I saw it in person at the New York Auto Show next to a Shinka RX-8 and a racing version of the MX-5 ( Mazda officially dropped the name Miata from what i heard and is just calling it the MX-5 now)
                        And not to start anything, but i beleive i recall reading somewhere on another mazda forum, that Mazda is considering maybe creating a convertible RX-8 or basing a MX-5 on the RX-8 frame/body design. Now... 1+1=2 so MX-5 + RX-8 shell = larger possibility of a rotary? but again, this is probably all just rumor or gossip, I think i would cry if that ever did happen.

Mods:
                        JDM Headlights + Corners
                        JDM Tailights
                        1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                        Shaved Side Mouldings
                        Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
                        Cone Filter
                        KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
                        E-Bay front strut bar
                        Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
                        40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
                        and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

i like it, what engine is coming in it?

Comment

reports indicate that this one is based on a downsized rx8 platform

Comment

yes there is plans for a convertible RX-8, but they arent recalling them. I read something about the frame/pillars on the sides of the 8 are designed like a convertible is, extra support incase the roof gets omitted from the plans further down.

Yes the miata is based on the 8's platform, but they probably wont put a rotary in it. It would kill 8 sales across the board. That and the new supercharged RX-7 (other thread about it for all ?'s) would be be hurt as well. I mean why not buy the miata with the rotary then supercharge it and have all kinds of fun in a 2300 lb roadster with roughly 250hp....

I cant wait.

Comment

Well, i like how the car looks. Nice interrior, tail lights aren't bad. However, i agree when other members noted that the car was too simple. This is comin from a guy who likes simple..

*SIDE NOTE*...the 06 civic (maz enemy) SI, looks pretty tight. It has a 200 hp v-tech or someshyz...if handles decent, i might sell out. Basically, what im saying is can the miata or ne 06 maz model beat it? *right now, there still not sure its going to be for sale in 06.*
                                If you're really anal when it comes to the contortion of the english language, or ne-sh*t you find hard to let pass, you should take "THE MANS" advice get a butt lube.....

Quote:Originally Posted by TheMAN "yeah.... butt lube so it feels better"

"I am not a theif, but, i will rob you of your dignity"

"All my life i been a devil's advocate, mad cats never even knew the devil even had a kid"

"fck me? well fck you too, ya mother - ya father- the hole u came through" D-block

"you can get a lot in this world if you put ya NINE to it, but, u'll 'preciate it a whole lot more if you put ya MIND TO IT" - Jayz

Comment

Working...
                                X