Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just drove an RX-8 and 350Z back to back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kc5zom
    I don't think you've ever seen one. If you had you would know that if you put a system in an RX-8 it is going to look ghetto with the way they integrated the stereo into the interior. And there is a lot more in Grand Touring than just leather and what I listed. Why don't you look at the website before you start spouting off?
    You don't have to replace the deck to build a system... I have seen quite a few competition vehicles running the stock head unit. Speakers, amps, and signal processors are far more important. I had my system running of the stock 3rd gen head unit for almost a year and absolutely loved it, and once it was amped it sounded just as good as it does with my Kenwood.

Comment

I sat in one, didn't actually drive it, but if I don't have any headroom issues, nobody will.

And I didn't.
      ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Im 6'4", and I could not sit comfortably in the 8 with a sunroof without bumping my head. Granted I barely fit in the 350Z either. But I can do without most "goodies". I prefer cloth seats (leather is hot and sticky in summer, freezing in winter, aside from it doesnt hold you at all), audio can always be upgraded, and I absolutely despise auto dimming mirrors. My dads Audi A4 has them and I hate driving at night with them because I cant see what the hell is going on behind me.

Anyways, just my $.02
        Ansel '94 LX
        sigpic Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, and Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Comment

bump for a 4 year old thread! woot woot

Comment

Originally posted by esmacmil
            bump for a 4 year old thread! woot woot

nice!!

i drove both cars before i made my decision. RX8 all the way. not only is the 350 overpriced, but it depreciates like 7K when you drive it off the lot. and didnt feel fast to me at all. the 8 seems alot better of a car even with the low torque. you can spin the wheels all day long, with the limited slip engaged. and about over steer from the RWD the 8 totally kicks sideways, its a fun ass car and im quite happy with it. and im 6' tall and i dont have head issues.

the 350 is still sweet, just alot cheeper, needs to be more in the 28K range, not the 38K range.

my 2 cents on a 4 year old post
            Josh
            95' AWD MX-3 RST - Still a work in progress
            05' MS RX-8 - Needing some love in the form of a new motor, soon to be FE3 powered
            Work Log - http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53776
            Cardomain Page - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/408020
            Face Book page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mazda-...37983472959216

Comment

RX8's are rediculously slow. i drive them at work all the time. Z's are ok...not as fast as they are hyped to be. i think the altima SER is faster.
              1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

T4TURBO
                Holy Sh*t Batman!!!!! He's Alive
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua
                  I guess the RX-8 was made for guys like me. I'm only 5'8 and i'm pretty much done growing. So score for me . But you also got to remember, people in Japan are on average not as tall as people here so maybe thats why you guys have trouble fitting in there. nonetheless, its still an awesome car. only needs more torque then it'd be perfect.

Sorry! The RX-8 was made for women NOT guys!

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                    Holy Sh*t Batman!!!!! He's Alive
                    x2 - how the hell have you been!?

Comment

im good guys. lol nice to know ive been missed
                      1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

Originally posted by T4TURBO
                        RX8's are rediculously slow. i drive them at work all the time. Z's are ok...not as fast as they are hyped to be. i think the altima SER is faster.

What do you do for work?

Comment

i work at a company, we do rust proof, sound shield undercoating, paint shield, and interior protection packages. i go to roughly 40 diffrent dealers and have to take the cars back to one of the 3 shops. i get plenty of time to try them out...
                          1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

i work at a company, we do rust proof, sound shield undercoating, paint shield, and interior protection packages. i go to roughly 40 diffrent dealers and have to take the cars back to one of the 3 shops. i get plenty of time to try them out...

Sounds like a cool job man.

Comment

yeah tha job is sweet. get paid to drive brand new cars and do light work to them. who wouldnt love it?? lol
                              1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

yeah tha job is sweet. get paid to drive brand new cars and do light work to them. who wouldnt love it?? lol

You be crazy not to.

It's great to be able to wake up in the morning and love going to do what you get paid to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X