No announcement yet.

Introducing my 323 GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All performance upgrade have been put on pause as I've turn my attention to the appearance of my car. My car is currently in the shop for a long over due spray job.

The hardest part of this phase was choosing the colour. I didn't anticipate that it would be such a hassle to pick a colour to spray a car. I was in doubt so stayed with the colour gray. I chose the titanium metallic gray of the MS6, because I couldn't make up my mind as to what colour to choose. I'm now contemplating if I'm to keep it oem with the following pieces in black side moldings, bumper moldings, door handles, front grill (leaving the honey comb part black) & the plastic pieces under the head lamps or if I'm to colour code them as the car.

My original plan was to work with the gray & black theme for the oem look like cp members Greg Downing & LN323 with a set of 16" flat black wheels installed.

Greg Downing

LN323

I then came across this pic of 3 RX8 with the Mazda 787B 24hr LeMans race car graphic scheme. If I was going to use gray & black (vinyl) with the white broken lines or gray & navy vinyl with the white broken lines I would still install 16" flat black wheels with the 787B graphic scheme, I would colour code the bumpers & don't bother to install the side molds.

RX8 with 787B livery.

Here a some pix of the condition of my car @ the garage.

Arrival.

Last edited by mazkam; 03-16-2013, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Here are some of the progress of my car @ the body shop.

Pulled Down.

Products to be used.

Last edited by mazkam; 04-25-2013, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Rub Down in progress.

Comment

Progress: Patch Work, Straightening, Removal of windsheild & rear auto glass.

Car have a few area that needs to address. The areas are front flooring, rear wheel arches in the trunk, beneath the strip that fits above the front and rear doors on the roof, the glass have been remove to see if areas in the window jam needs repair & the hole in the trunk from the emblems have been patched out and the trunk lock deleted (haven't been working since owning the car). Primer is applied to patched areas before the filler was applied.

Patch Work: Still in progress

Trunk area

Beneath Roof Strips

Front Flooring

Straightening

Trunk badges & trunk lock delete.

Comment

Removal of windsheild & rear auto glass

Removal done by Mikey of.

Comment

Progress: Priming & Guide Coat.

Comment

Progress: Rubbed Down & Glazing is underway.

Comment

Progress update: Car in glaze & rub down stage, most of the car is done with 2 doors remaining. Here is a rundown of the process to follow.

1. The car is going to be primed and guide coated again.

2. Rub down then spray in black to see if there is any flaws in the body work.

3. If there is no correction to be made then the car will be rubbed down and ready to move on to the next step. If there corrections to be made, they will be corrected and the car will be rubbed down and move on to the next step of applying colour.

4. Applying of colour.

5. Colour sanding.

6. Buffing.

After buffing the car will be done then onto the body pieces of bumper, mirrors, door handles, front grill & etc. When the body pieces are done then is it time to fit up.

Here are some more pix of the progress.

Comment

Progress: After the scratch marks & sinks have been addressed, it is now time to Prime, Guide Coat & Rub Down.

Comment

Progress: Extreme Guide Coat.

Comment

Progress: Identified and addressing the flaws in the body work.

Comment

Progress: After correcting the flaws in the body work that were revealed from the extreme guide coat, the car is now rubbed down and in the final stages for colour application.

Comment

Progress: Primer applied to the areas that were corrected.

Comment

Progress: Rubbed Down, Masked & Ready To Spray.

Comment

Now that I've brought you all update with whats been happening, here are the today pictures of my car.

Progress: Colour.

Second Coat.

End Result.

Last edited by mazkam; 04-25-2013, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X