X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what ever happened to this car?

Comment

It's still being worked on.......

It was completed and together last spring, and I'll post some pics soon. I have been doing the shakedown testing for some time, I learned I needed custom suspention setup to really compete in the local rallycross.

I have also learned, the $5000 budget was a dream. I've blown the budget to levels even I am shocked at.

What I am also shocked at is how stupid fast the car is. With a new suspention and some more tweeks I'll be able to get the same times as the guy who drives the STi at rallyX.
      sigpic
      The Beater and the Race Car....guess which is which!
      Little boys play in the street, real men play in the dirt"

Comment

Its for sale for only $8500!
        1988 323 GTX

Comment

Ya, I quickly learned that 5K was a joke of a budget....plus I'm just testing the waters to see if anyone will bite locally. I have a chance to pick up a fully rally preped Subaru for 9K so I gotta try!
          sigpic
          The Beater and the Race Car....guess which is which!
          Little boys play in the street, real men play in the dirt"

Comment

Oh... you were budgeting $5k for a rally car build? I didn't realize that's what you meant.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
            1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
            1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
            1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
            1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

^ ditto

i thought you meant 'rallycross' (scca rallycross) stuff means different across the borders lol
              1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
              Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
              "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

For sale ?

Comment

Yawn...
                  91 GT- Li'l Bee (under construction)
                  2013 Honda Accord V6 coupe - 14.7 sec. 1/4 mile

New Thread:
                  Wilyb's 91 Pro GT Rebuild: Li'l B: http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...Rebuild-Li-l-B

Old Threads:

WilyB's 93 GT rebuild worklog : http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...-93-GT-rebuild
                  My FE3 worklog thread:http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...ighlight=wilyb

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X