No announcement yet.

DeeAOne's BF KLDE Swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little more work yesterday. Got the staging brake and master cylinder mounted and plumbed. Put in the the switch panel as well. Going to wire it all up soon.

Love the feel of it so far. I haven't even bled the rear yet and I can already tell it's going to lock way better than the stretched out ebrake.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DeeAOne; 04-21-2014, 10:22 PM.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Just thought it looked cool so I snapped a picture. I think the neighbors really hate my shop lighting. Lights up their houses!

Don't think that's supposed to be like that.... lol wheel bearing number 4 bites the dust. Gotta get that driver side axle shortened. This junk makes the diff swap look better and better everyday. Ha

Comment

Since your dropping a lot of cash on this thing, an Mfactory diff would suit it nicely.... Might as well get a 26 spline and run factory axles without blowing wheel bearings

Just saying lol

If it makes you feel better I gotta do rear wheel bearings on my festiva lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I did look into the diff/final drive combo. It would give me a 4.93 which would be awesome, but it's also $600, and requires a little machining for it to fit correctly. lol

Comment

4.93???? I think the 4.38 is torquey enough let alone anything more then that lol

I'm gunna eventually drop to some 3.83's to keep it comfortable on the street lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Remember, I'm not daily driving this anymore. It will be built to go in a straight line for 1320ft and that's about it. haha

For now I will be running the 4.38 but if I do go Mfactory it will for sure be that one. I wouldn't be surprised to see .3 to .5 tenths off a pass from that final drive with the right tire combo to go with that gear.

Comment

I think have a strictly track car would be a PITA, I'd rather have the option to drive my car to the track and enjoy it more then just at the track

But that's me lol

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                  I think have a strictly track car would be a PITA, I'd rather have the option to drive my car to the track and enjoy it more then just at the track

But that's me lol
                  Im with you on that lol
                  sigpic

Comment

I just want to be able to run it hard and not worry about getting stranded.. If it breaks, oh well. Load it on the trailer. Lol

Comment

That's why I tow mine to the track and drive it on the street the next day... If it doesn't break haha

Comment

Or you can be like me and never finish the car. Plus to that is that the car never breaks.
                        91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Originally posted by progt91 View Post
                          Or you can be like me and never finish the car. Plus to that is that the car never breaks.
                          But then you never truly enjoy it either

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                            That's why I tow mine to the track and drive it on the street the next day... If it doesn't break haha
                            Yeah. I dont know I guess I just want to go as fast as possible given the setup, and I have to sacrifice streetability to do that. lol

Either way today I got a little done. Harness ran and working.

Mock up motor is in to begin the custom downpipe. Just tac welding right now. Will be a full 2.5inch 2 to 1 to a 3inch collector. DISCLAIMER: I'm still learning to weld, so they won't be pretty but it will hold! haha

Last edited by DeeAOne; 04-27-2014, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Starting to look like a proper setup!

Comment

One more part to check off the list. Almost there finally..

I was going to keep full pictures of the car under wraps but what the hell. Here it is. Seabreeze Green Mica off the BJ. New wheels are 15x8 xxr 531s.

Comment

Working...
                                X