DeeAOne's BF KLDE Swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
    There is a lot of them in SFL and most besides westpalmGT don't post a whole lot of the forums because most of their ideas are unconventional and the forums usually don't take well to new and unaccepted ideas.

Just like people said I couldn't make the guages work on a 323 body harness, yet I did
    i was told that the "goldmember" made 500 also.. and yes florida has alot of power down there. Just have to find them! lol

Comment

Leo 323 car times improved when he switch trans.Get it.I had both trans.shorter final is good for the track,longer is good for the highway.

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37 View Post
        i was told that the "goldmember" made 500 also.. and yes florida has alot of power down there. Just have to find them! lol
        That's andy, and those numbers are not final yet.. he's got a few things to work on
        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Bad thing about making that much power is the transmission aint going to hold up at all.Too much tq!!lol

Comment

Originally posted by klzemx3 View Post
            Bad thing about making that much power is the transmission aint going to hold up at all.Too much tq!!lol
            stock transmissions were last lasting deep into the 12's for most of them.

gearing depends on your setup, if your N/A and you dont have to shift to 5th before the end of the 1/4 than stay with the shorter gears and work on making more powa
            -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

good points to all, but here's another question.

the trans is a '93. has anyone heard of only the '96+ models having the 4.38 FD? and that the '93-'95 trans had the same 4.10 as all the others?

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

I have not heard of that. To the best of my knowledge, the Probe/MX3 trans have the same ratios.

Comment

oh hmm thats what someone on PT told me. well i guess ill just put it in and find out. lol

Comment

626 is the only one to get the longer gearing in later years iirc
                    -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

mx6 always had the longer final

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                      1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Comment

Originally posted by The Pile View Post
                        mx6 always had the longer final
                        ^what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
                          good points to all, but here's another question.

the trans is a '93. has anyone heard of only the '96+ models having the 4.38 FD? and that the '93-'95 trans had the same 4.10 as all the others?
                          I've seen this theory passed around and never seen any proof or personal experience on my part to back it up. But I have posted the motor trend and car & driver reviews of the car in the past which state a 4.38 for the 93 pgts.

From all my personal experience all model years have the same gears and the final drives differ as follows.

Probe V6 /MX3 V6 - 4.38
                          MX6 V6/626 V6 - 4.11

As to the later year V6 626s having different fifth gear ratios I've never confirmed that thru personal experience, but I do everything I can to finish the qtr in 4th so I don't pay much attention to 5th gear any more.

In general, if the vin on the transmission starts with "1Y" you have the 4.11 one. The "JM" is out of MX3s and if I recall the Probes start "1Z"
                          92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
                          HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
                          Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video, Dyno Video
                          As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Comment

alright thanks. im probably not going to put in the PGT trans right now, but when this 626 one bites the dust (which we know it will, lol) ill put it in.

anyway, shes almost ready..

Comment

oooooooo she lookin purdy
                              91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

That'd look better in my 626

looking good man! I think I'll be asking you for pointers on KLs now lol
                                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Working...
                                X