No announcement yet.

My Project.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So.... I've been so busy with serious family medical issues this spring and summer that practically everything this summer has been put on hold. My wife's trip to Las vegas for a week with her girlfriends and our trip to Boston to visit my oldest son have been cancelled. I have squeezed in one trip to Portland to visit my folks, but that's it. I am now in a position to possibly attend th eupcoming corksport event (I think it's actually happening soon) and I haven't been able to do a thing to my car. I have that new radiator ready to go in my garage, but I haven't order the other parts necessary to add all the features I want. I haven't gotten around to installing cruise contrl yet. I have a huge oil cooler that I want to install and that's been on hold, too. I haven't gotten a back-up hood yet so I can experiment with adding vents and/or a scoop. I haven't gottne a back-up turnk lid so that I can experiment with adding a rear spoiler. Sheeeesh.... Oh well. Family first. Count your blessings if your healthy.

Hope to see some of you at corksport.

Comment

I'll be there for sure

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Time to try to start working on my car again. Need to clean out my garage enough to pull it in because I'll need to tear it down for a while to do several mods. Here's a pic from the corksport meet.....
        Click image for larger version

Name:	September 2012 128.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	373.1 KB
ID:	1233670

Comment

thats the best shot IMO

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Nice pic of my car! Did you take that?

:D

Comment

yea i snapped that one, did a little editing in photoshop too

NW MAZDAS

Comment

As I get geared up mentally, emotionally and physically for trying to redo pretty much the entire front end of my car (new radiator, new hoses, different oil cooler, different intercooler, change the location of my remote oil filter adapter kit, relocate my BOV, different bonnet with vents and scoops, different intake set-up and so on...) I am thinking about using a stock aluminum intake pipe, the one that is connected up to the throttle body that sits above the valve cover. Unfortunately, I sold my original years ago. On the small chance that I may go back to that as part of my newer set-up, does anybody out there have a spare that they're not using? Would you consider selling it for cheap? :D

Also, I would actually like to use the aluminum intake pipe from a mid 80's Mazda 626 GT turbo more. I don't think anybody has one of those laying around their garage, do you? If you do, I want to talk with you!!!! :D

I can post a picture of one soon if you're not familiar with what I'm trying to describe.

Talk to me.....

Comment

I'm sure I have a few here....as for the 626 pipe..the one that has the word Turbo cast into it...why, it's even smaller than
                  the B6T piece.

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                    I'm sure I have a few here....as for the 626 pipe..the one that has the word Turbo cast into it...why, it's even smaller than the B6T piece.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4451.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	1234020

This is the one I'm looking for except I painted this one. If anyone has a plain one, that great. Please get a hold of me. Yes, it's a little bit smaller in diameter just at the end, but I'm thinking about going for dressing up the engine instead of all out HP. Besides, the direct of travel is more suited for my next intake design. If it works, I'll get rid of around 4 feet of intka piping.

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]57469[/ATTACH]

This is the one I'm looking for except I painted this one. If anyone has a plain one, that great. Please get a hold of me. Yes, it's a little bit smaller in diameter just at the end, but I'm thinking about going for dressing up the engine instead of all out HP. Besides, the direct of travel is more suited for my next intake design. If it works, I'll get rid of around 4 feet of intake piping.
                      BUMP. Anybody find one? Please?

Comment

I love that shot. Car looks so good.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Thanks. Got lots I want to do to it this spring. It'll take me that long to get the garage cleared out and to accumulate the parts I want. I may have to go back to the original intake pipe, but we'll see. I'm also interested in finally mustering up the courage to do the 929 brake cylinder swap, but I can't find that thread that I was reading that broke it all down for me. I would love for a couple of you guys to chime in again on my thread here so that it's easy for me to find. I thought I read where there was actually a Protege part included in the upgrade but I can't remember what it was? BFMRGTX, I think, also tagged an older thread that had the "how-to" but like I said, I can't find it even using the search function. Dang.... LOL.

Comment

azgtx.... you got that spare stock pipe?

Comment

That makes two of us with a lot of plans for our BFs. lol

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X