Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang. You're fast.... ;D
    Thanks!
    Last edited by LN323; 12-09-2012, 11:50 PM.

Comment

I knew there was a Protege part! Can't wait to track down a donor 929.....
      Last edited by LN323; 12-09-2012, 11:36 PM.

Comment

So..... mazkam.... hope you see this posting.... I love the old thread from the mp323.com website that you posted. I have a questions though. I don't recognize one car part but want to know because it looks like something I wish to do to my car. I'll work on posting one of your pics so that you know what I'm talking about. I also went to the pedders website, but I would probably have better luck if I could get the parts number. I'm just hoping that you may find it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	25_zps858f7c17-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	1234335

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
          So..... mazkam.... hope you see this posting.... I love the old thread from the mp323.com website that you posted. I have a questions though. I don't recognize one car part but want to know because it looks like something I wish to do to my car. I'll work on posting one of your pics so that you know what I'm talking about. I also went to the pedders website, but I would probably have better luck if I could get the parts number. I'm just hoping that you may find it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58047[/ATTACH]

That part you're looking @ is the trailing arm that connects to lower part of the rear struts & to the chassis of the car, the e brake cable is also secured to it. The Pedders bushings were originally carried by Corksport but they stopped carrying bf stuff. The US Pedders dealers do not stock these parts but they can get them for you from they're supplier once you have the correct part numbers.

The best person to get the part numbers from is Yasin a.k.a slownrusty (the author of the write up) or Derrick of Corksport. If memory serves me right i think he had post the pictures of the parts still in plastic with the part numbers showing. Some of pix could not be viewed on on his write up that i had saved.

I also came across the Pedders bushing on aussies ebay site.

Maybe a group buy can be arranged among the bf owners to get these parts from one of the Pedders dealers in the US.

Here is pic of my car showing the trailing arm.

Saw a link in this thread last night http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...r-bushings-yet. Its shows Whiteline urethane bushings & other suspension parts for the bf's and they are located in the US.

Here is the Whiteline urethane bushings link http://stores.ebay.com/GoodyGarage/_..._sid=861910953

Hope this was helpful.
          Last edited by mazkam; 12-17-2012, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Aha! I know that piece! I should have recognized that easily. I was thinking more along the lines of that being something that went horizontal as thought it helped with adjusting the camber. What was I thinking! LOL.

I would love to get a hold of the parts numbers for the polyurethane components. I'll have to do some research.

Thanks for helping to jar my memory about that piece. That happens to be one of the last remaining pieces where-in I haven't replaced the old rubber bushings.

I might go to the junkyard and pick up a set of those trailing arms so that I can work on fixing it up and then just do a quick swap out later.

Comment

I too for some time have found polyurethane bushings to elude my grasp. Ive tried quite a few places in my area and found nothing. There is a Dodge dealership in Toronto that deals with Pedders, and I managed to get through to them. They say that Pedders Australia couldn't find the parts.
              1988 Mercury Tracer. (aka Ford Laser)

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

I have just emailed a few Pedders dealers in my area and in the U.S. I will keep you guys posted if I have any luck.

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Found some info....

Whiteline carries stuff but it's not that cheap.

However, the stuff out of Australia is even higher. Cool stuff, but too pricey for my blood at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
                    Found some info....

Whiteline carries stuff but it's not that cheap.

However, the stuff out of Australia is even higher. Cool stuff, but too pricey for my blood at this point.

http://www.nolathane.com.au/do_segue...10%2F85-4%2F90

The Whiteline link you posted is for the BD chassis 323. Some of the parts cost more than BF parts such as the Rear Control arm - inner & outer bushings BD $179.28 & BF $139.90

This is the BF chassis link.

Thanks for sharing the links.

Comment

Originally posted by mazkam View Post
                      The Whiteline link you posted is for the BD chassis 323. Some of the parts cost more than BF parts such as the Rear Control arm - inner & outer bushings BD $179.28 & BF $139.90

This is the BF chassis link.

Thanks for sharing the links.
                      No... thank YOU for sharing!

Dang. Expensive.... but I think the cost is mainly due to the custom metal pieces that have to be custom machined. Oh well. I'll have to evaluate my finances next month and see if I can go for it!

Comment

i wonder how many BF chassis guy's would be in for some sphericals for the front LCA's
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                          i wonder how many BF chassis guy's would be in for some sphericals for the front LCA's
                          Who knows... Larry you should come for a vist we can see if my BG ones will fit a BF chassis...

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                            I approve of this question.
                            sigpic
                            1992 Familia GT-X
                            1988 323 GTX
                            2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                            2014 Civic Touring

Comment

i would be really keen on some ,have a ask on amazd.co.nz you never know

etude ftw!

Comment

You dont know how long I've been looking for these parts. Just in time for my annual winter build. Cheers mate.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X