My Project.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Adam!
    Yeah, I would love to come up for a visit sometime. I'm gonna wait for warmer weather! LOL. If I go ahead and get some, I may try to install them myself if I can get a break in the weather. However, I'm assuming you have access to a lift. That would be so much more fun (easy on my old body)!

I also got my new (new to me) rims and new tires on! I like them. Went back down to 14" with 195/60-14s. Much nicer ride. Better gas mileage. Quieter. Cheaper! LOL. I should take some pics when I get back into town. I'm in Boston celebrating Christmas this year! BTW, Merry Christmas everyone (who visits my thread)!

Comment

hohoho
      1988 Mercury Tracer. (aka Ford Laser)

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Okay.... so I was reviewing the info about the master cylinder brake upgrade....

And, I couldn't find any info telling me what car the longer connector is from (3rd picture of parts in the write-up).

I found a 929 and '95 Protege as donors but not sure what year the 929 must be for the right part. I know that the write-up says a 1991 929, but the donor I found is a 1993. Is it still the same part?
        Last edited by LN323; 01-27-2013, 01:49 AM. Reason: add info

Comment

Aha.... Found the answer to one of my questions..... the master cylinder is the right one....

Anybody help me find out what car the connector comes from? The Protege? The 929?

Comment

Page not found Larry... I can't look at that link..

Comment

Originally posted by crazycanadian View Post
              Page not found Larry... I can't look at that link..
              Weird.... try it now....

Comment

Bump......

Anybody? Anybody got info on the connector piece? I plan on going to the junkyard sometime this weekend to start gathering more parts. I imagine that I may luck out and notice this piece, but I'd feel better knowing what car to search and where to look before going rather than the journey being "hit and miss" so if you know anything about that piece I would love to have some of your knowledge! :D

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Sorry Larry, no help.. I haven't paid attention to BF stuff in a long time now..

Comment

Iirc that one is on the 626 booster.

Comment

Woot! Here I sit.... my official last day of work for this school year! Yesterday was the last day of school for the kids, but today is our last day to get grades finalized, clear out our rooms and stuff. It's soooo quiet here right now! LOL....

Now, I can get back to working on my car! Finally!!!!! I can't wait. Um, oh, I have to wait a little bit because my wife's rellies from Minnesota are coming into town and we they will be staying with us..... for the next THREE WEEKS!!!! AAAAARRGH! LOL. Kidding. I'll find some time to start tearing a few things down and doing some of the long-awaited mods that I've been dreaming about.

Comment

glad to see your anxious to get back into things!!! im excited to see what happens in the next few weeks! keep us updated
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Excited to see the brake upgrade for sure
                          1988 Mazda 323 gt (red)
                          1988 Mazda 323 gt (grey)
                          1967 Lancia Fulvia coupe
                          1969 Lancia Fulvia sport Zagato
                          1986 Volkswagon Vanagon
                          1988 Toyota pickup 4x4(white)
                          1988 Toyota pickup 4x4(brown)
                          yikes that's too many cars

Comment

Nice Larry! Get back at it! Im in the same boat but with a crankshaft failure. But, only leaves room for improvement. Lots of new stuff to come on mine as well. Take pics too!
                            Mazda
                            1988 Black 323 GT
                            DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Finally got my car running very well again! Woot!!!!

And the magic solution was...... I changed my spark plugs! Holy crap. I must have forgotten how long ago I had put those NGKs in. When I pulled them, because of wear, the gap was about .057 instead of the stock .044 that it should be. No wonder my car was acting weird when I tried to drive it a little more "spirited". I guess I was asking too much of it electronically to make up for that big of a gap.

I went with the NGK Platinum's and while I know that some forum members don't recommend platinum plugs, my car is running really well right now.

I also found a spoiler that I'm finally happy with and looking forward to modding and installing. I want you guys to try to guess what car it came off of when I'm done and I'll post pics. I'll take pictures from the start so that you can eventually see what I did to morph it to look like it came from the dealer (at least, that's what I hope happens).

Hope all of you are well.

Comment

Oh yeah..... one more thing. I found this pretty cool website. I'm sure some of you might already be aware of it. In fact, somebody might have already posted it on the forum for others to look at and use, but I'm not taking the time to search for it. I'm just posting it.

Enjoy.

Wheel-fitment.com Home - de grootste database met velgen steek, ET waarde, naaf diameter, montage en bandenmaat voor vrijwel iedere auto

Comment

Working...
                                X