• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

less than an hour

Comment

need pics of the hatch

Comment

my buddy Charlie has a well swapped and built Festy that does 140+ and eats big dollar cars on the track to the amazement of all watching....if you need some incentive. They are just not the prettiest cars around.

Comment

I must admit, $500 is a darn good deal if the body is good.

Don't worry about the harness. If you can hook up a TV and game console, you can do this. You might need beer though.

Comment

Originally posted by BFMRGTX View Post
            I must admit, $500 is a darn good deal if the body is good.

Don't worry about the harness. If you can hook up a TV and game console, you can do this. You might need beer though.
            Now you're talking!!! I thought you guys might sort of see it my way or at least understand my potential motive. $500 is not a huge risk. And, azgtx made a good point that I could fix it up and use it as my high gas mileage run-a-round. It also affords me an additional option in case my GT were to ever get in an accident. Depending on how bad the accident were and what got damaged, I might have tons of great parts to already start tricking out my next car! It also means that if someday I were driving it around and I got hit in it, well, my GT is still safe. These cars are getting harder and harder to find so having a back-up for $500 inital investment is pretty good in my biased thinking.

Yes, the body is pretty dang good IMHO. I'm not over-imagining this.... I know it's more $$$ and more work, but it's nont like a huge investment up front, nor a huge over all investment, nor does it have to be done right away. I have other cars to drive. It's not like I have to have it Monday morning to get to work (if I had both 323's in pieces for some reason). I can leave it down in Portland where it is now at my dad's house for a while so that I don't drive my wife crazy with it sitting around for now. I can do the work down there necessary to get it driveable to bring up to Seattle or even tow it for that matter on a car dollie if I had to someday this spring. I have a set of tires on rims ready to go in my garage (one more thing to help clear out some parts). I would be slowly, carefully looking for a rebuilt head that I might even have some fun porting first since I'm sure that's one of the things this car needs. I have tons of spare parts in my garage. And, best of all, I have you guys for moral support and expert advice.

Unfortunately, the guy says his neighbor is interested in it. Sounds like I may have been pushed down to second fiddle for now. Could be he's trying to play games to see if I might go back up to $600 which is where he originally bottomed out and held strong. I'm not moving off the $500 mark.... well, maybe $550.

Comment

Shucks, I just might buy it for LeMons / Crapcan / Chumpcar. OOH! That's a great use for a BF SOHC.

BTW, you keep projecting your thoughts about being in an accident in this car. Stop doing that.

Comment

Larry... I still have your old SOHC turbo motor sitting in my garage... I haven't really touched it..

Comment

Originally posted by crazycanadian View Post
                  Larry... I still have your old SOHC turbo motor sitting in my garage... I haven't really touched it..
                  Unbelievable! Dying to see how well that thing runs. Might have to make you an offer....

Dam it, dam it, dam it!!! He sold the car to his neighbor because the neighbor offered him $600. I missed out! Dam it!

*I wonder if Terry bought it and told him to say it was his neighbor?*

Oh well.... guess I'll have to keep dreaming of more projects to do that I don't have time for.....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1988 Mazda 323 LX HB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.0 KB
ID:	1238149
                    Oops. That came out rather small, didn't it.... sorry, but that was it. Now it's gone.... I'm sad.

Comment

Look for a BF down here.
                      Come down here and chill for a day or two.
                      Get drunk off Bombay Gin, puke all over my house again.
                      We'll get breakfast the next morning, load-up your new car, and you drive back home.

ta-da!

Comment

^ LOL WTF. i hope you have pictures of this & a story
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                          ^ LOL WTF. i hope you have pictures of this & a story
                          No pictures.... no stories.... just rumors.... but sounds like fun!

Ah, what good memories.....

Comment

Haha, I remember part of that story from years back. :D Larry, just find another LX or something real stripped down to a point and put your old motor in it that Adam's garage is rockin. Good Daily and scare the pants off every Honda you come across at a stop light. Dun.
                            Mazda
                            1988 Black 323 GT
                            DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Been so busy with teaching and also coaching wrestling after school.... It's been difficult to have time to work on the car.... Not to mention the sucky weather....

Got my rear lower trailing arm brace on today.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140323_151312_511.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	358.4 KB
ID:	1238481

Comment

that looks good!
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X