No announcement yet.

My Project.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey.... I've been so busy with "life". Not having much time to work on cars. My wife and I sold our house during the quarantine (in under a week) and bought a house about 100 miles south. We now live in Chehalis, Washington! I guess I better figure out how to change my profile address. LOL. We are getting used to an entirely new area, living out of boxes and I still have one last car (project non-runner) to go get up at my nieces house. They were gracious enough to let me park it there while we worked to stage the house for sale. We are technically in a rural community but only about 6 miles to downtown Centralia or Chehalis for all of our needs so far. Loving the new place although it's been a ton of work. Packed up over 200 boxes, moved refrigerators, TVs dismounted off walls, emptying the shed, moving furniture..... At one point I had seven storage units filled because we had to be out of the house, but couldn't get into the new house yet. Crazytown USA. Bonus! I now have a 60' x 30' shop with 16' high ceilings! That's right! An 1800 sq ft shop for all my car projects, fishing boat and other various toys! I have big plans for this building, but first I need to finish emptying out the boxes in the garage so that my wife has a place to park! Yup... An oversized 2-car attached garage, also. I plan on building a huge shed for the riding lawnmower, push mower, brush cutter, weed whacker, all the yard tools, new wheel barrel and the likes. All the more room in the shop! We're on 5 acres! 2 acres is cleared. The rest is woods down a hill to a creek bed which I plan to clear out all the junk small trees, thorn bushes and so on. Just got internet last week after seven weeks. Same as with TV. Had to go satellite because we're too far out (down a gravel road). Stay tuned! I hope to get back to modding cars by fall.

Comment

That sounds like an awesome place to be living. Before all this madness I was travelling regularly to Seattle - not too far from where you are. Look forward to photos of that “warehouse” filled with your projects!

Comment

What are your upload/download speeds with satellite? /which company? i've been looking at rural houses myself lately.

post up some pictures of the new space when you can.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Only getting 10 mbps. No gaming for me! LOL. Just surfing for information mostly anyway. I'll try to post some pics.

Comment

Tonight my son is helping me to download all my photos off of my phone onto my desktop. Close to 3000 photos. It says it's going to take about 2 hrs! LOL. At least I'll have some pics to upload, hopefully. I should start using my camera also. Transferring from that is a lot easier and faster.

Comment

thats alot of pictures!!
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Any updates with new photos or car modding GTX strories?

Comment

Man... It's been a while. Sorry for the delay. Life is so busy! At least we have been staying healthy through the pandemic! I will try to upload some pics. This first picture is when I first moved in.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Right now my shop is absolutely loaded with stuff. I can barely walk around. This year I am working on organizing it. I plan to build a big loft along the back wall to take advantage of my 16' vertical height to the beams. I plan to insulate the entire shop, put up tons of shelving and get at least one lift. I have had two big commercial grade doors installed on the front with power door lifts and I have new LED lighting throughout.

Comment

That is an amazing shop space! Post more pictures!

Comment

Thanks. Yeah, it needs a lot of work to get it to where I want it but it has good bones. More pics later.

Comment

Wow...... Been a while. Let's see. Got diagnosed with a rare serious heart complication earlier this year stemming from my congenital heart defect. The entire UW Heart Institute unanimously recommended open heart surgery. Because of its rarity, the Mayo Clinic was also willing to see me for a "second opinion even though about 30 cardiologists of every specialty already chimed in on my case. Drove to Minnesota in June to visit the Mayo. They agreed with the UW. They said that if I didn't have corrective surgery, they would estimate that I had about two years to live and it would be a painful, ugly death process.

Lost mom in July.

Went in for surgery at the end of September. Just before being wheeled into surgery my procedure got cancelled because they had to immediately set up for three emergency organ transplant surgeries (a donor must have just passed) and they didn't have enough anesthesiologists to cover all of the procedures, so my procedure got bumped. 20 minutes later I'm walking out of the hospital looking to get breakfast. Crazy.

Has surgery Oct 19. Been in recovery mode since. Never want to do this again.

Have a contractor that's been doing great work for me. Pictures of the shop soon.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20221111_211246256 (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	251.0 KB ID:	1406446

So..... It almost entirely insulated now. The loft is about an additional 500+ sq ft. Plywood will be put up to cover all walls. LED lights have yet to be installed on the ceiling (under the loft). Stairs will be built along the left wall. Once I get everything moved around, I should have lots of room for projects. I also plan on buying a 2-post lift eventually. Oh yeah... Adding in a wood stove soon plus railings all along the edge of the loft. Probably hogs wire.
                            Last edited by LN323; 11-11-2022, 08:14 PM.

Comment

That shop looks amazing! I hope the health concerns are getting better, and look forward to more pictures of the completed shop.

Comment

Originally posted by redheddude222 View Post
                                That shop looks amazing! I hope the health concerns are getting better, and look forward to more pictures of the completed shop.
                                This place came back to life for a few seconds! Hooray, I am not alone anymore!

More updates on the shop and any projects would be welcome for us not on the book of face.

Comment

Working...
                                X