No announcement yet.

My Project.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I went back into the photo archives and found a few pics that might shed some light on the bumper as well as the history of my 323's. The picture below is from about 4 yrs ago when some of guys in the Pac NW got together in Olympia for a meet. I brought some parts to show the guys back then what my plans were for my original LX (maroon monster). LOL....

Here we are mocking it up to check fitment one day when we had a meet at my house. Remember these good times, guys?

After we made brackets and hung it, I took it off and painted it. the next pic is after the painting trying to get it back on without scarring the paint.

Here it is after completion. Crazycanadian ended up buying this bumper from me because I got the GT and was converting the LX back to stock before trying to sell it.

Comment

So, then I finally found a GT on craigslist of all things. I bought it under the condition that I would sell my LX (my wife wouldn't let me have both which is fine). With the help of the local guys we swapped all the good stuff off my LX and put it on the GT.

Then, I started working on the second I-Mark RS bumper I had found in the yard and got it ready for my GT.

My wife wouldn't ride in the car white the odd-colored bumper and that it made my car look ghetto. I told her that it's just in transition, but I worked hard to paint it anyway to calm her fears that we were starting to look like the hillbillies of the neighborhood.

Comment

impressive job on the bumper!!! it looks very nice
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I finally found the picture again of my favorite rear spoiler for my GT. I have been looking for about two years now with no luck. Aactually, I found it on ebay, but the company selling it wants like $225 not including shipping. Forget it. BTW, for anyone not very familiar with the spoiler, I'm almost positive that it's a first gen RX-7 GTU rear spoiler. The 2nd gen is too wide. I know that for a fact. Unless this guy cut the 2nd gen spoiler and did a pro-job at gluing the two pieces back together again....

Comment

That's a 2ng gen.
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

your bumper looks factory. i like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                That's a 2ng gen.
                Definitely 2nd Gen. 1st gen wings look totally different.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

No, I swear to you guys.... even though I couldn't find it on ebay currently, there's a spoiler that looks identical to the 2nd gen one but it was made for the 1st gen. I surmise that it is also narrower too. I've measured the 2nd gen spoiler and there's no way he got that on the back of his car without some voodoo work.
                  Last edited by LN323; 04-07-2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                    impressive job on the bumper!!! it looks very nice
                    Thanks! And than you to bighed323 also.

The paint is looking a little damaged from weather and it getting bumped around when hitting the ground because of how low it is in front. I'm planning on painting it this summer, but I'm not sure if I should paint it all gray or leave that strip black to make it look like it has a black rubber protecting strip on it. DeeAOne painted his all white. Mine would look all gray. What do you guys think? Leave it black or gray?

Comment

It must be either a replica or... I looked at the photo pretty closely and it's possible that he sectioned it. That's just my two Canadian pennies.

P.S. I need to find one of those bumpers!!!
                      1988 Mercury Tracer. (aka Ford Laser)

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by TheDanny View Post
                        It must be either a replica or... I looked at the photo pretty closely and it's possible that he sectioned it. That's just my two Canadian pennies.

P.S. I need to find one of those bumpers!!!
                        Here's the one on ebay.

I always keep my eyes open for the bumper whenever I go to the yard. I'll let you guys know if I ever run into another one.

Comment

I do believe that there is one just like that at the junk yard that I go to

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

I do believe that there is one just like that at the junk yard that I go to
                            No way... really? Is it on a 1st gen? Would you please go and check out its condition? If it's in good shape, I want it! Please!

PM me about money and shipping.

Larry

Comment

You'd like a gen one or gen 2?

sigpic

Comment

You'd like a gen one or gen 2?
                                At this point, I would like the spoiler off the first gen if you have access to it. I'll take my chances with it. I've seen the 2nd gen with my own eyes and measured it. I just don't see it working. I'm not totally sold on being able to make the 1st gen work either, but I think it would be closer than the 2nd gen. Let me know what you find and for how much. Thanks.

Larry

Comment

Working...
                                X