No announcement yet.

My Project.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it was great seing a lot of you guys at the corksport event. I ended up deciding to have my car put on the "dyno" to get a base-line since I've never done it before. I thought I would produce about 180whp, but the car only produce about 171whp at 5250 rpms (and 160ftlbs of torque). Not bad, but not quite where I would like to be. I would like to produce more power without really jeopardizing the longevity and driveability of my engine/car. So, I'm interested in experimenting over the next year with a few more mods..... I was thinking about replacing my stock downpipe for one. Also, I was thinking about changing more of my exhaust to open things up a little more, but I want to know your opinions on if this is a good place to spend money or are there some other areas that I might try to key in on? I also am not opposed to finding a good shop to "tune" my car to make sure I'm getting the most out of what I already have. However, I'd rather change a few more things first and then take it to a shop for tuning. I would like to hear some of your realistic suggestions. If I could eventually get to 200whp and have my car drive as nice as it does now, I'd be one happy camper. Chime in.....

Comment

My $.02, because you asked:

It sounds like you already know what you need to do:

Buy quality parts
      Do the job right, or pay for the most competent person / shop to do it for you.
      S-H-I-T costs money, especially if it's good.
      Knowledge is power - power is fun at the track.

Comment

Hey Larry 171whp isn't to bad for what you are running...

The biggest things I would look at is how air is flowing threw your motor... Anything you can do to help open up and make the air flow smoothly will help... What size exhaust are you running now?? How much boost were you running?? Tuning always helps...

Comment

I'm running the stock downpipe, a bigger cat than OEM (2.5" inlet and outlet), and a 2.25 crush bent exhasut with resonator and Magnaflow muffler. If I save my pennies, I'm looking at either buying or building a bigger down pipe and replacing the 2.25 exhaust with at least a 2.25" mandrel bent with probably just a resonator. I know you do nice work with exhaust systems. Maybe we could work something out this winter.... Right now I have to be ready to pay for Susan's BMW to be diagnosed at the BMW dealer. Ouch.

Comment

If you upgrade ur exhaust system from the 2.25" to 2.5" mandrel bent you will be @ 180 whp with tuning.

Comment

Ouch... to bad you couldn't bring it up here... could probably save you some penny's on that diagnosis...

If you are going to do exhaust work don't both with the 2.25"... Its to small... go 2.5" all the way...

Comment

Well, I'm tempted to start by changing out the downpipe. I might eventually work on changing the rest to 2.5".... we'll see. Yeah, I'd like to come up and visit again.

Comment

If you want to do the full exhaust Larry I can build it for you... If you want to come up for an over night visit one weekend we can get it done..

Comment

Originally posted by crazycanadian View Post
                    If you want to do the full exhaust Larry I can build it for you... If you want to come up for an over night visit one weekend we can get it done..
                    Awesome! Done deal! It won't be for quite a while since my "plate is full" but it sounds like a good time to look forward to! I'll do my best to make it worth your while, too. you know me..... In fact, I want to go back to that one local restaurant we went to for burgers..... :D
                    Last edited by LN323; 10-21-2011, 05:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
                      Awesome! Done deal! It won't be for quite a while since my "plate is full" but it sounds like a good time to look forward to! I'll do my best to make it worth your while, too. you know me..... In fact, I want to go back to that one local restaurant we went to for burgers..... :D
                      I can't remember what one that is... There are a couple good burger places I go to around here.. No worries about the time line... We will have to work it around a weekend when I don't have my son anyways...

Comment

Hey Adam..... whatever happened to that turbo-ed SOHC you got from me? Did you use it? Did you sell it? Still have it?

Comment

I still have it.. Its sitting in my garage... I have been pondering what to do with it... tube framed rear engine rear drive car has been coming to mind...

Comment

I would be interested in trying to put it in a Festiva...... :D

Comment

Dyno video of Larry's Mazda 323 at the CorkSport End of Summer Bash

Comment

any decent results??
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X