My KLZE Ford Festiva build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a bastard!!! that sucks man.

how did the towing go? smoothly? lol i wish i was there just to see that.

pretty soon you can drive it over to my place tho its almost that time.
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by CaymenEGT91 View Post
      If you did 15.5, shifting @ 4krpm and not shifting fast either... that thing is gonna haul ass once its windin out the whole 7500 !!! Fix it and go for 13 flat!!
      My thoughts exactly lol i'll be working on fixing the issues it has within a week or two if my work slows down enough for me to be able to spend some time on it.... i worked 15 hours today, and the rest of the week looks the same

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
      what a bastard!!! that sucks man.

how did the towing go? smoothly? lol i wish i was there just to see that.

pretty soon you can drive it over to my place tho its almost that time.
      Towing? umm ya lol........... i just drove it to the track lol i had my buddy in the black mustang (the one i was racing) follow me

And yes next week i will finally be able to insure my car and take a drive up to your place

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

bad ass man, let me know when you might work on it, i can lend a hand
        -Jack

Comment

if i (or you) get the coolant temp sensor connector, i may shoot for this weekend coming to wire it in, once i have the issue fixed i plan to go to Sparta (St. Thomas) dragstrip to run it again, at least there they will let me do a burnout with street tires lol

It was cool driving the festiva to and from the track because me and my buddy were semi-racing there and back and my festiva keeps up with that mustang (5.0L, auto) very very well and its had a bit of work done to it too lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Yeah man these swaps are a lot quicker than i thought they would be. Just earlier today I hurt a v8 firebird's feelings. Lol

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

^^lol thats funny, you need to get some racing videos soon!! lol

I managed to get a few mins today after work and before it got dark to swap the front bumper out tonight for an un-modified, freshly painted (spray bombs) black stock bumper, i still have the rear to do but its getting dark so that'll be another day

This ones kinda like a family portrait showing all 3 of my cars lol

Comment

looking good man! yea I can grab the connector for you no problemo, did you need both?
                -Jack

Comment

I have the one for the heat gauge I just need the other one

Comment

Well i waited til yesterday to try to put insurance on my car and even with one less ticket on my record its still going to cost me through the roof for insurance, so i'm pretty pissed off with insurance companies right now since i won't pay the kind of money they want to rape me for

But over the weekend i tinted the taillights and got my rear bumper on

So the way i see it is if i can't insure my car, i'll put it back under the knife and start with a new project, i just need to get a parts car

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                      Well i waited til yesterday to try to put insurance on my car and even with one less ticket on my record its still going to cost me through the roof for insurance, so i'm pretty pissed off with insurance companies right now since i won't pay the kind of money they want to rape me for

But over the weekend i tinted the taillights and got my rear bumper on

So the way i see it is if i can't insure my car, i'll put it back under the knife and start with a new project, i just need to get a parts car
                      How much does it cost to insure it?

Comment

It will cost me roughly $3500 a year to insure it, which is more then i have into the entire car and project put together

Comment

3500???? On a car they consider to have a value of 600???? Are you putting in full coverage and accointing for all the mods or what?

BTW, car looks hot. Most ppl would underestimate you. After you dust them, they'd respect the **** out of ya
                          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

As far as the insurance company knows, it's bone stock which is the biggest piss off, I'd hate to see the cost if they knew what I've done to it

Comment

quit getting dui's ya drunk

lol

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                              1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Comment

The sad part is that I only have 3 minor speeding tickets, no accidents, and no dui's lol

Comment

Working...
                                X