No announcement yet.

Pommyvince's BF 323 KL ZE swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the firing order changed here in the states also. found that one out the hard way awhile back. the 98 or so and newer KL's use the firing order that u posted for the ZE's
    ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
    ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
    What are you driving?

Comment

Sorry for the lack of responses ! Just got back from a holiday in the UK catching up with the family I haven't seen for 5 years. Good news was that I hooked the battery back up on the car and it fired up first turn of the key....no clacking lifters Only other progress at the moment was to get a "2.5 V6" boot lid badge from an Opel Vectra while I was in the UK ...due to get put on tomorrow as I've found the car to be a bit too "sleeper" from behind.

Comment

sleeper is always cool! there is no way to tell im swapped, except for maybe my aluminum radiator shining through the grill and under the bumper. lol

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
          sleeper is always cool! there is no way to tell im swapped, except for maybe my aluminum radiator shining through the grill and under the bumper. lol
          and your reaaallly loud exhaust? hahaha

my car is sleeper too haha still looks like a stock 1.5L nana car untill i race them :D
          FE3 POWA
          1985 Mazda 323 BF5P - FE3 powered

Comment

Originally posted by Evilist View Post
            and your reaaallly loud exhaust? hahaha

my car is sleeper too haha still looks like a stock 1.5L nana car untill i race them :D
            you havent heard the new exhaust...got a muffler on it now. lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
              you havent heard the new exhaust...got a muffler on it now. lol
              haha ma bad, i haven't been on in a while lolz
              FE3 POWA

Comment

yeah its pretty quiet until full throttle. then its decently loud. lol

and the car looks great man. havent seen a recent picture of it except that sig.

Comment

Apologies for lack of posts recently...holiday...then the earthquake !!! The good news is that, much to my amazement, the shelving in the garage hadn't come down on top of the 323 and only a few things had moved about on the floorand the toolbox draws were open. When my nerves have recovered from all the after shocks I'll get back into trying to sort out a taller final drive and the spring rates.

For anyone that's interested ...this is what we have been going through...

Map showing recent earthquake activity in and around Christchurch, New Zealand. Time-lapse visualisations of the February 22 2011 and September 4 2010 earthquakes and their aftershocks can also be viewed.

Comment

wow man. thats crazy. i bet that first one scared you pretty well. 7.1M!

Comment

Originally posted by Pommyvince View Post
                      Apologies for lack of posts recently...holiday...then the earthquake !!! The good news is that, much to my amazement, the shelving in the garage hadn't come down on top of the 323 and only a few things had moved about on the floorand the toolbox draws were open. When my nerves have recovered from all the after shocks I'll get back into trying to sort out a taller final drive and the spring rates.

For anyone that's interested ...this is what we have been going through...

http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/
                      bro, sucks man my cousin is there atm hes in the army. The whole town is stuffed from the looks, its amazing how the earth moved so much train tracks and everything are in a new place. JUST CRAZY!

I'm in Auckland tho so we didn't feel anything but its just crazy
                      FE3 POWA

Comment

Everyones a bit on edge here at the moment but aftershocks are settling down.......looking forward to getting back to sorting the car out. I've had a half stripped gearbox for a couple of months now. I'll strip my spare G25 MR and see if any the bits from the std G series box fit.

Comment

Quick update..car passed first warrant ( 6 monthly inspection ) no problems at all. Last time they saw the car it was a 1500... tester was had a grin as he went out for roadtest and later said it looked factory.....which I took as a compliment.

About to give up for now on building a different gearbox with taller diff as I just don't have the time...currently trying to get some 16 x 7 wheels so that I can get back to std. gearing.

About to order some 150lb/in prosport King Springs to see if the give a better ride than the Cobra springs.

Car has been almost boringly reliable for the last 7000km ( 4300 miles) though still as entertaining as ever when I come across a Subaru

Comment

Front suspension attempt no.2

Long time since I've updated this :O

I've given up on trying to do a diff change to get the gearing up.......I now have 16 x 6.5 wheels with 205/55-16's. This is about 1% off from standard 626 gearing some my speedo now reads right

Front wheels went on no problem...rears needed a bit of fettling on the rear struts to get enough clearance.

I've also had custom top strut mounts made and changed to 200lb/in 350mm 65i/d springs. I was going coil bound and hitting the bump stops too often with 150 lb/in 250mm springs. I had to take the old spring mount on the shock body off completely ( very carefully) and the adjuster now sits on top of the bottom mount. Bit of a stiffer ride now but much less crashing and banging on bumpy roads.

The wheel alignment came out with 1/2 degree negative camber and 4mm of toe out. Ride height at the front is now 360mm wheel centre to guard lip. This seems to be pretty stable but car still feels like it could do with a bit more caster......looking into Nolathane offset control arm bushes at the moment.

Now have to get "certified" again for the change in ride height and the new wheel size !!!!

Will put up pics of wheels,top mounts and ride height in near future. Apologies for enormous pic size....somebody has been messing with the camera.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Good to hear the car is still going strong!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

nice man! sounds like you know your car lol
                                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Working...
                                X