Pommyvince's BF 323 KL ZE swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh my..lol.

im not worried about better brakes and all. i just want the right hub that will accept the axle, and bolt up. so im either going to go with the early 80's 626 you talked about or the bg hubs, and do some modification.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

I accepted that I'd have to get custom axles made and worked around that.....once you make that decision it all becomes a bit easier....just stick with your hubs ( yours was a turbo car wasn't it ??? and Dam Kid reckons they are up to the job ) and if you have the 260 mm brakes you can always do the VR4 upgrade later.

Just make sure you take your strut springs off and make up some dummy shafts to test fit for full movement up and down, lock to lock before you commit to new shafts. You might have to cut your old shafts with a disc cutter as a saw might not cut into them. Pics of this earlier in the thread.

Once you get this nailed the rest is easy...ish

Comment

Mine was non turbo. I planned on getting bg hubs today so I could just get shortened mx3 axles made.

Comment

Just put a reply on your thread.......why not stick with BF hubs (retain the same stud pattern) as you'll have to modify shafts whatever. Just get the shafts with whatever hubs you buy.

Comment

While waiting on driveshafts to be made I have up the exhaust frome bits of the 626 pipes and the biggest turbo muffler I could get from Uniweld that would still fit in the original location.

Just started on the wiring and have spliced the start/charge circuits in to the original wiring. I'm now in the process of taking out all the air con and auto junk out of the MS8 engine loom. My intention is to keep the dash as original as possible so that looking in the car doesn't give too much away......just a 2" tacho and an air/fuel gauge sitting on top of the dash.
            Attached Files

Comment

are you only using the original BF fuse box? how will you make that work?

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
                are you only using the original BF fuse box? how will you make that work?
                thats what i did to my BP
                FE3 POWA
                1985 Mazda 323 BF5P - FE3 powered

Comment

same with the 4 BP aspire harnesses I made.
                  2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                  1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

WTF....lol. Details please.

And pommy I'll get those measurements today.

Comment

If I had an injected car I would have used the MS8 fuse box but I have to wire up fuel pump, fans and a few other bits and pieces anyway. It wasn't going to be easy either way round !

DeeAOne...thanks for getting those measurements though it should have been 45mm not 41mm for the strut body......been looking at wiring diagrams for too long

Comment

Hope to see video of this start up when done.

Comment

All I did was use my small plug wiring for the ECU (controls iginition, charging, and starting system, fans... etc.) and then the BP large plug from that wiring harness. there are a few wires that you need to swap around on the small plug too, and a few from the dash wiring you splice into the small plug too.
                          2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                          1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

you guys make the wiring seem so easy. lol

Comment

I'm 3 evenings into the wiring loom and its making sense now. My friendly local Mazda dealer has just got a box of beer for letting me photocopy some wiring diagrams Not a thing they usually do but amazing what taking some photos in with you does.

Wish I had started with an injected car !!

I'll have to borrow a video camera when I go to turn that key the first time

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
                                you guys make the wiring seem so easy. lol
                                No shizz. I've been working on a project for a little while now and haven't touch a wire yet lol. Just looking/reading the scematics is putting an overload on the brain
                                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
                                X