No announcement yet.

corby_baby's GTX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rather dislike foreign objects in my tail pipe. Rather unsettling idea, but I still have to do it here in Oregon. BUT our taxes arent bad.

Nice score on the GTX. That will be my next 323. Ive had 1 323 se and 2 GT's (Keeping one). Any real plans?
    Mazda
    1988 Black 323 GT
    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
      Any real plans?
      mainly just want to get it running good again and look decent. its gonna be done more along the lines of a budget build. i figure after college if i decide to keep it and go all out, ill at least have money lol.
      88 Mazda GTX- rusted dalmation, it runs?
      00 Ford ZX2- red terd, mods: slow
      00 Ford ZX2- purple ricerocket, 302whp/298wtq - SOLD

Comment

Any word on making a set of the shifter bushings to sell?
        '88 GTX

Comment

Originally posted by Talkurt View Post
          Any word on making a set of the shifter bushings to sell?
          havent had a chance to get out to the shop. once i do ill let you know. i will say though that they had to be kinda rigged with some jb weld to get them to stay in the cable housing. since the old rubber bushings are pressed in there, they have two lips that keep it from falling out. the aluminum ones only have one lip so it slides in and out fairly easy.

Comment

Jackson AutoSport - Family-run business specializing in Japanese vehicle repairs and maintenance

Email them and find out if they still make the Delrin shifter bushings.

Comment

i did, and they dont :/
              '88 GTX

Comment

finally got around to toying with the power sunroof motor. after a dremel, impact screwdriver, and hammer i got the damn thing off. hopefully get the sunroof fixed back up this weekend!

Comment

Add a large washer on top of the bushing right under the cotter pin. The washer should be as big as the lip on the other side, that way, your cables won't slide off.

Comment

Originally posted by 323driver View Post
                    Add a large washer on top of the bushing right under the cotter pin. The washer should be as big as the lip on the other side, that way, your cables won't slide off.
                    i guess i was too excited to put them in and see if my transmission would finally shift that i failed to realize the simple solution to the problem lol. but yes, adding a washer is definitely the easiest way to go about that. sometimes i wonder how im going to cut it as an engineer when i get out of school haha.
                    Last edited by corby_baby; 10-01-2010, 01:05 AM.

Comment

picked up some egt calipers and a sunroof. going to be doing the vr4 brake swap soon and finally get it inspected.

Comment

just ordered rotors for all 4 corners including new bearings. feels good to be modding a car again (my bank account probably dosnt think so hahah).

*edit....add a full set of b2000 wheel studs as well :]
                        Last edited by corby_baby; 12-31-2010, 06:45 PM.

Comment

started cleaning the inside for the first time. to my surprise the seats and carpet appear to be in decent shape. gonna try to use some stain lifter to get out some of the spots but overall im fine with it.

got all the brake stuffs in the mail and rockauto ended up sending me the wrong front rotors (the diameter ended up being about 9.5" which is smaller than the smallest gallant rotor is so im thinking the part number was screwed up on the website). hopefully ill have the correct ones back by the time i get home from snowboarding so i can finally get this car inspected.

Comment

finally got everything i needed. rockauto basically just told me to keep the other rotors and still gave me a refund which is amazing. i was hoping to get this done before school started today but i ended up getting sick so i havent been able to do crap. hopefully this weekend ill have the sunroof in and brakes on so i can go get an inspection.

Comment

Corby!? i didn't know you had a Mazda GTX?

Comment

well havent updated this in awhile since i ran into some problems with the sunroof as well as school and grassroots project that have been kicking my ass.

i want to start off by saying that if you plan on doing this....GET A COMPLETE BOLT IN SWAP ready to go. i ended up piecing a setup together which was a huge pain but i learned a couple things with one of them being the fact i dont ever want to mess with sunroofs again haha. if i had the complete tub ready to bolt in this swap would have been relatively easy.

below are some pictures of the brackets that need changing and some overall pictures in general. headliner should go back in tomorrow and i will get started on the brake swap. my roomate sold off the rx7 (blown coolant seal) and picked up an NA miata so the gtx now has a new friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X