No announcement yet.

Midlifecrisis' 89 Mazda 323 SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn you shine! I just cant get with the BPT, too new school. I looked around for a local 93+ 626 V6 stick for awhile, and couldnt find ****.

Comment

There's a few in Atlanta. I was gonna get another but I have too many cars in the driveway now. I have my truck, 2 626's and my protege. I think until I get my '97 626 sold, I don't need another car in the driveway.

14.500@95.68 mph naturally aspirated
      '94 Protege LX 5 speed "grooved" 34mpg average

Comment

Hmm, whats the deal with your 97? I see a V6 on atlanta craigslist for cheap as **** every day, but being an auto i have no interest in it.

Comment

wow! any leads on the cars??? that sucks man!
          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

That sucks about the cars, I know I'd be pissed!!! But if you still got one of your 626's, I have a digital cluster from a turbo 626, if your interested in it send me a pm

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Sadly no leads on the cars. I was uber lazy today, installed the races, bearings, and actually put one on the car before i realized there were no studs, haha. I started to reinstall the old ones, but i decided to run and scoop some new ones. After that i had a few errands to run and didnt feel like going back to work on it. Id like to drive this thing to a local meet on Saturday so I'm hoping to do mad work on it tommorrow. I went to the local slavage yard to get the manual steering rack and asked to see the car. Sadly it was a COMPLETE running 89 323 base hatchback 5 speed with a blown head gasket, even red like mine. As for the digital cluster, ive only heard bad things about theyre reliability so ive held off on buying one. Heres my one pick of the day:

Comment

OK, picked up the manual rack, and installed it in no time, got the rear discs all bolted up, and painted the calipers. Gonna mount them and the pads today, install the hose, bleed them, and hopefully that works out. If not, im stumped on the whole brake loss thing. But if it works, im driving this turd tonight!

Comment

Yes! She lives! I drove it to the local meet, and one candid photo happened to make it!

Hooray! I still have a checklist of stuff to go through before i'll drive this thing everyday, including bleeding the brakes one more time, as they are still spongy!

Comment

Originally posted by Midlifecrisis View Post
                    Yes! She lives! I drove it to the local meet, and one candid photo happened to make it!
                    Now *that* car is drop dead sexy. Btw, here's props for being from Macon, GA -home of my ancestors. (Well, there, Savannah, and Charleston, SC.)
                    Scott F. Williams
                    Team Director
                    Usually Sideways Rally Team
                    www.usrallyteam.com

Comment

Im sad you can't see the fancy rear brakes. I'm gonna have to find some wheels that show the brakes soon. Got the tag for it today, hoping to get exhaust redone tommorrow.

Comment

I have a set of Lancer O.Z. wheels, semi-flat black with silver logos if you're interested...

Comment

Oh wow, i actally scrapped the car but to be honest i'll be looking for another one next month, and those wheels look like the win that i am looking for!

Comment

Working...
                          X