My Very Slow Build (88' GTX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

minor update:

redid the turbo oil return hose. the one i had before was just a straight heater hose flexed to fit and it did for a while but after a few weeks it started to krimp. Called the dealer to see if the stock part was still available and it was. Part number: B695-14-294 if anyone cares, but they wanted 45$ for it so i said screw it and got a 14 dollar 90deg hose from napa, cut it to fit and called it good.

Also hard wired my Valentine One and put back in the turbo timer.
    '88 GTX

Comment

Well i guess its time for an update. The car has been doing fine, slipping clutch will be a Christmas project. For this one i made the BOV back to a BPV, and replaced the oil pan gasket.

Finished BPV:

And a few of the oil pan and bottom of the engine: Also do those counter drill marks mine my crank was balanced or is that just factory?

'88 GTX

Comment

where did you get the intake pipe (before the turbo) i have wanted a new one for my 323 gt

Comment

'88 GTX

Comment

So an update. I got the turbine tech front underbrace in from the guys up in Canada a few weeks back and got time to put it in. Install was pretty easy. I had to modify it in a few ways (mainly just trimming little bits off where it interfered with the frame ends). But over all it was a bolt on. The change it made was quite noticeable. Turn-in was greatly improved and the sharpness in the steering was much more than i was use to. Hopefully soon i will be getting in the upper two braces from Ultra racing and will have install pics up as soon as i get them in. Though a boat ride from Taiwan might take a bit. :/

'88 GTX

Comment

Looking great. Now go lower.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

I'm a Troll. Flame me.
                loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
                73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
                sigpic

Comment

So she blew a head gasket a little while back but she is running again. Took the opportunity to change out the timing belt and anything alse i could get a hold of lol.

'88 GTX

Comment

Looks exactly like mine. Nice. I assume that is a Fiero in the background taking place of a Diablo?

Comment

lol yep, or something. Its pretty good other than the front fenders, they look wrong. Ford V8 in the middle.
                      '88 GTX

Comment

Working...
                      X