No announcement yet.

The Project 1988 323 gtx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats up guys, im new to this site(kinda) good lookin build you got here, i started a bpt swap in my 88 gtx about 5 years ago and then it sat for about 4 years until now, gettin tuned right now, when i get it back i'll post some pics

Comment

Alright tomorrow i am picking up the car!!!! They said that the waste gate is stuck, but it runs great and boosts well up to 12psi. He said that once it gets up to 13 or 14 it cuts out. How can i loosen up the waste gate? Maybe a penetrating oil? Or should i take it out and see if i can get it moving again?

P.S. : LN323 want to take a ride??
      Sean
      1988 Mazda 323 gtx
      1.8 bp-t swap

Comment

Yeah booooyyyyy..... let's do this! I'm finishing christmas stuff earlier in the day, but mid afternoon might work if it's not raining too bad.

Comment

uh. yeah.. also which turbo are you running? there's a few cases of I think VJ-11's being obstructed and not opening the wastegate.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
          1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
          1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
          1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
          1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

VJ20 right now. Honestly the turbo was sitting for a while so maybe the WG just seized? Oh and just took her for a drive....pulls harder than your mom
            Sean
            1988 Mazda 323 gtx
            1.8 bp-t swap

Comment

you can try to unhook the waste gate from the actuator.. spray some wd40 or something around it and try working the gate open and closed by hand to see if it will free up...

Comment

Alright i got the WG to open up, now the turbo spools freely up to 14lbs. Now i get why people ditch the vj20 for a larger turbo. This thing has virtually zero lag, and spools out so quick you better not blink
                Sean
                1988 Mazda 323 gtx
                1.8 bp-t swap

Comment

Where'd you get that front bumper?
                  need help with my gtx
                  http://. please check out my welcomi...ad.php?t=52356

looking for info on the 626 master cylinder upgrade

Comment

I got it from derrick at corksport back in the day, I am not sure where would be a good place to look.
                    Sean
                    1988 Mazda 323 gtx
                    1.8 bp-t swap

Comment

What axles did you use for your swap?

Comment

Working...
                      X