No announcement yet.

My 88' GTX Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got some work done on the GTX tonight, i started by bolting the B6T and trans together, i realized my B6T came from a FWD GT because i had to cut a piece of the oil pan off to clear the AWD trans

Here's where i had to cut clearances

And on a side note, even with the engine/trans out of the car, what a PITA the starter is to install!! lol

I beleive i am also missing the bracket that bolts to the body for where the engine mount bolts to, so i'll need to search for one of those as well

Then i wen to bolt the crossmember back onto the car to install the engine and i had troubles installing the rear bolts, so i'll need to get a tap to clean the threads on the body before i can finish bolting up the cross member, but i did also get the stabalizer bar bolted back in

Then i emptied most of the parts out of the GTX so i can start sorting through everything so i can start making sense of all the parts i have and may need

Then some interior shots..... and yes the interior needs a good cleaning

and then i got the fenders bolted back on, mainly so there not in my way :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

here's tonights progress

This tranny is very wide (front to back wise) it was definately meant to be installed from underneath, if the master cylinder was installed, it would have been in the way for sure

But after a lot of fighting with it, here it is

next came the hood and headlights etc

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I like the beer in the engine bay, good work!
        Love my

1992 Protégé DX Totaled
        1991 Protégé LX SOLD
        1988 323 GT, 1.6 B6T 200k SOLD still on the road..
        1992 Miata Unofficial SE 76k
        1991 Mercury Capri XR2 101k
        1972 Monte Carlo

Comment

^^lol what can i say, i got thirsty while working on the car lol

Comment

Don't feel bad..this is how one of mine looked like..

Clay

Comment

Beer always makes things go in smoother.....or just makes you get so pissed off you call it a night lol
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Nice work
                Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                "Who Dey"

Comment

Last night I got the front axles in, the clutch and brake master cylinder installed, the rad is installed and the slave cylinder, next I'll be getting the wiring taken care of and getting the gas tank ready to be re-installed so I can get the long drive shaft mounted

Last edited by Damkid; 12-04-2010, 09:37 AM.

Comment

wow dude!!!! i just ****ing noticed this thread!!! awesome work! that car is pretty damn clean too!!!!
                    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Ha ha thanks man, I wandered when you were gunna notice this thread lol

Comment

that paint might come out alright with a polish. bring back the deep luster. after shes running of corse
                        91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

^^I'm hoping the paint will come back, but i'm not counting on it, i'll try buffing it to see what happens but worst case senario i'll just get give it a quick paint job so it looks better lol

Comment

oh it'll come back man lol, my old protege gt was the same flat pink when i bought it lol, after an hour or so you could see your reflection! red is awesome to revive lol
                            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

good luck with the paint. my red gtx looked the same, i just ended up doing a DIY paint job. too much work to make it look even and nice. you found the starter was a bitch? i could change a starter in under 30 minutes on my gtx. maybe its because i did it around 8 times. looks good though, makes me miss my gtx even more. and i love the stock radios and the digi dash. keep us posted!
                              1988 323 GTX - 16psi Daily

Comment

^^I only found the starter to be a bitch cause of the diff lock actuator was in the way (i didn't feel like taking if off just to install the starter lol) i'm sure i'll get quicker with it though..... as for the stock radio, digi dash, well i'm loving the digital cluster, but i'm not a big fan of the stock radio, i'll probably put in an aftermarket deck but keep the stock one around so i can always return it to stock if i were to ever re-sell it

Comment

Working...
                                X