No announcement yet.

Andrew's GTX Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a little tip from a guy who just did what you are doing. I am by no means an "Expert" but I learn from my mistakes.
    First pull tranny and go through syncros and add the taller 5th gear from the mx6
    Second read all the other worklogs there are many great tips and fixes
    Third go slow and be thorough. I have had to swap many parts after because I installed the originals unkowing the condition or didnt take the time to test.
    One of the gtxs I bought had a bad motor and I took one from another and man what a nightmare
    Last but not least If you pull the tranny it goes back in MUCH easier.
    looks good, Thanks for recycling. These things are a blast

Comment

Nice looking good its very much what im doing but to my 88 323 gt. I did the bottom end on my gtx not so long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard323 View Post
        These things are a blast
        That's what I keep hearing and I cannot wait to drive it for the first time.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
        1988 323 GTX - "Miss Becky" - VJ-11, Autometer Sport Comp boost gauge, Sachs Clutch, K&N Air Filter. Freshly rebuilt engine with Clevite Bearings, Fel-Pro Gaskets and NGKs, 2.5" Exhaust from turbo back with a Turbo muffler.

1970 Chevelle SS - "Krista"/"ALMYDOE" - restored from the ground up, 350/350, lowered 2" frnt 1" rear, flowmaster 40 series, Holley Street Avenger, GMPP intake, American Racing Torqlites. (Ported and Polished ZZ4 Aluminum Heads coming soon)

Comment

Originally posted by chevyboy_0 View Post
          That's what I keep hearing and I cannot wait to drive it for the first time.

Take a trip down to Santa Cruz, we'll show you around the mountain.

Comment

I am so down for that, I wanted to have it done and ready by the 23rd for a classic Import Meet out here at Lake Del Valle, my friend who's CVCC is pictured above is taking the Honda and i wanted to go but I still need a clutch bearings and rings but unfortunately the money tree in the backyard hasn't sprouted yet :/

1988 323 GTX - "Miss Becky" - VJ-11, Autometer Sport Comp boost gauge, Sachs Clutch, K&N Air Filter. Freshly rebuilt engine with Clevite Bearings, Fel-Pro Gaskets and NGKs, 2.5" Exhaust from turbo back with a Turbo muffler.

1970 Chevelle SS - "Krista"/"ALMYDOE" - restored from the ground up, 350/350, lowered 2" frnt 1" rear, flowmaster 40 series, Holley Street Avenger, GMPP intake, American Racing Torqlites. (Ported and Polished ZZ4 Aluminum Heads coming soon)

Comment

Just a small update today, I got the valve cover almost finished the way I want it, im gonna take the ex manifold to get welded tomorrow, and I painted the intake, I also ordered rings today

Comment

Engine Pr0n

Comment

Moar Engine Pr0n

Comment

looking good!

Comment

Heres a small update: I was hopefully gonna order Bearings and a clutch this paycheck but the starter in the Chevelle took a poop so I have to post pone it for now hope fully next time around

Comment

Hey guys long time no see, but I'm finally back for an update!!

I found out that one of my buddies knew some one who had a GTX that they are parting out. So I called him up and asked what he had and last night I went an visited him and came home with a truck load of parts :D I got a complete motor/trans combo with 80k on it, a pair of front seats that are in great shape, two exhaust manifolds with turbos(VJ14) a complete intake setup, a full Fel Pro gasket set, all the accessories for the motor, a new gauge cluster, new sending units for water, oil etc, new O2 sensor and so much more then I can think of for $150 :D Now the new goal is to have the car back together by the end of Sept. I wasnt able to get pics last night but I will definitely get some and post em up today or tomorrow

Also if anyone in the Bay Area wants a rolling Chassis let me know and I can put you in contact with the guy he still has some good parts that he needs gone.

Comment

wow!!!! that's a STEAL for $150...good job man! Post some pics of your swag!
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Here's a crappy pic from my phone last night when I got back to the shop. and in the background you can see the car thats been taking up all my time lately. Its a 1971 Chevelle that's for a customer. its been almost a year since he sent it to us and its almost finished!!!! that means there will be space in the shop for Miss Becky!!! :D

Comment

Well guys its been a long few months waiting for this time but now its actually going to happen!!! The block is honed, painted and prepped and ready for the new parts Goal is next sunday evening to have this thing installed and running. Iwill post up some pics tomorrow when I get home from work.

Comment

As I promised I have pics!!!

This morning I started out with a completely bare block, then added some nice shiny clean pistons

Then a nice clean oil pan

Then a head

Then next thing you know viola!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X