No announcement yet.

turbospoolins capri to 323 b6t swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey do any of you guys know what size in cc the factory injectors are on the b6t??? and what injectors are a good upgrade to run atleast 18-20 psi?? i am going to get my ecu chipped and tuned also
    schmlick blang

Comment

id say rx7 460's are your best bet. as far as the RPM issue. im clueless with the b6t
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

those will work, dont need any kind of resistor box or anything??? what year rx7 does it need to be?? thanks for the help
        schmlick blang

Comment

You can use the rx-7 blue top injectors in the car. You might have to play with the afm a little bit when you put them in but it will run with them.

Comment

Oh you'll definitely have to crack open the afm with 460s it'll run pig rich in the low end,you will lose throttle response aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by nickz View Post
              Oh you'll definitely have to crack open the afm with 460s it'll run pig rich in the low end,you will lose throttle response aswell.
              thats cool i know what you mean by messing with the meter i have adjusted a bunch of them, i have owned a ton load of z-cars and i adjusted a bunch of those. what year rx7 injectors do i need still havent told me that lol or is it just any blue top from an rx7??, thanks guys
              schmlick blang

Comment

#195500-1350 reds to start,there are more avail.

Comment

Originally posted by nickz View Post
                  #195500-1350 reds to start,there are more avail.
                  hey thanks i appreciate you guys help, i been jumpimg between my turboed civic and this thing i been real busy lol the civic is my daily driver w/jdm b16a gt35r bb turbo 340whp i love it but my 323 will be faster i believe because its way lighter i have faith in the little b6 engine, i have beat turboed hondas before with it when it was in the heavier capri!!! lol those honda guys were bum fuzzled, what king of engine is that??? they ask lol..............then i say ....mazda!!!! you should see the look on their faces!!! lol im gonna do it again!!!!!! lol
                  schmlick blang

Comment

Dont boost too much on that motor. You will crack/shatter a ring land. I know from experience! 16 psi is good for daily driving. I had it on 22 when it blew

Comment

Originally posted by noshatch View Post
                      Dont boost too much on that motor. You will crack/shatter a ring land. I know from experience! 16 psi is good for daily driving. I had it on 22 when it blew
                      hmmm must of been a bad tune??? i have ran mine on 24psi for months and not one problem just the diffs exploding lol but the engine ran great. u must have ran it lean, thats what lean will do is burn the ring lands out, i was running plenty rich i have heard of people running 19psi all day long and sayin thats a safe area to run in. its all in the tune all it takes is one good lean run and its over. you had to be lean or you didnt reset your timing, you have to adjust the timing on the distibutor to run over 15psi.this time im not gonna run it so high tho. im gonna start stock and go from there because this car is lighter than the capri,if i dont like the stock 7-1/2psi i will go to about 11 or 12 and stop there for now.but you gotta think, im running the stock charger, if i was to put the charger off my civic which is a gt35r and tried to run 20psi it would probably blow the head off lol what size turbo were you using??
                      Last edited by turbospoolin; 06-07-2011, 10:33 PM. Reason: mispelling
                      schmlick blang

Comment

hey i figured out the rpm thing lol it was the tps,it must be faulty or something. i unplugged it and it runs fine now,so gonna figure out which wire is doing it and trace it back to the ecu but thanks anyway guys
                        schmlick blang

Comment

It never ran lean, My car always runs rich and it didnt burn the ring land. It blew it apart from the pressure. I was on a vj11 turbo when that happened

Comment

Was there a CEL?

Comment

Originally posted by noshatch View Post
                              It never ran lean, My car always runs rich and it didnt burn the ring land. It blew it apart from the pressure. I was on a vj11 turbo when that happened
                              yea id say thats the difference,my stock charger is so small that 24psi is prob about 15-16psi on a bigger charger lol i hope i never do have any problems,but like i said im gonna keep it down this time.did you get yours rebuilt??
                              schmlick blang

Comment

That motor is living on borrowed time,you will most likely as mentioned above bust ring lands,detonation is what pooches the lands.Been there many,many,many times.I'm always suprised when some are lucky to blow a head gasket,I've never blow gaskets,but I always coughed up the >$80 for the good ones.NOSHATCH has a good idea at 16psi,Expecially with a stock blower!!

Comment

Working...
                                X