No announcement yet.

My 89' 323 GT Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^the diff swap will work the exact same as it did with my festiva, I'm dead positive in that one

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Edit: wrong thread
      Last edited by Damkid; 01-16-2013, 02:53 PM.

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Progress!! As you see the B6T is out and front end off, tomorrow night I'm hauling it to my work to repair the rotted out lower rad support

Comment

Ready for transport to my work for some patch work on the lower rad support

Comment

I like the kids approval lol
            sigpic

Comment

Old rad support cut out

Boxed in the frame side

New support welded in

And the old rotted section

Comment

Nice work. It's weird how rusty that old one was, and how clean the rest of it is.
                sigpic
                1992 Familia GT-X
                1988 323 GTX
                2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Ya I totally agree, all I really need to do still is drill holes and weld in some sleeves for the bolt holes so I can run bolts straight through it..... I wanna weld in sleeves so that over time the bolts don't crush down the new section..... Same for the sway bar mounts and weld tabs on for the lower hood latch bracket, rad mounts etc

Comment

Yeah, I forgot that's where the sway bar mounts. That explains the rust. The car has been driven hard, and long.
                    sigpic
                    1992 Familia GT-X
                    1988 323 GTX
                    2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                    2014 Civic Touring

Comment

I been absent from the forums for a while, but I have some good progress to post once I get the chance to post pics

Comment

So after I got a new piece welded in for the lower rad support, I wanted to test fit the engine to see what room I had to work with for rad clearance

So then I grabbed the VW rad I had kickin around and it fit nicely, so I made up some mounting points

Then the engine bay got a coat of black paint

Knowing the issues I had with clutch cable adapters on my festiva I decided to convert the GT to hydro clutch, so I got my hands on a GTX clutch pedal and master cylinder

Here's a comparison pic of the GT vs GTX pedal, GTX is the top one

And all parts bolted up almost like stock, the master took a slight but of modifying and the pushrod needed to be shortened

I had to put the tranny in for any fab work needed to get the shift linkage bolted up

Then I put the face back on it

Before I could put the engine back in, i needed to make up the int shaft mounting plate (remember I swapped in a 26 spline diff so I can re-use the stock axles)

Then the engine went back in

Lots of header clearance

That's how far I got until I got distracted with buying this AWD protege (drive shaft was pulled prior to towing) build thread to come shortly

Comment

nice using the factory rear and side engine mount?

etude ftw!

Comment

Stock rear GT mount, stock front KL bracket but i had to re-drill the crossmember to match the KL front mount.... i still need to make the passenger side mount

Comment

holy updates batman!!!! im a little confused. so now you have 2 KL festiva's??? and a KL 323gt?
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Lol no, I have 2 festiva's, one is stock though and just got replaced with an AWD protege (build thread coming up within a few mins)

THIS 323 GT WILL BE FOR SALE WHEN FINISHED

Price is still to be determined, but discount price will be given to forum members lol

Comment

Working...
                                X