No announcement yet.

The 88' 323 Wagon build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used the 12" units sold HERE on the Pro. They move a lot of air and are quite slim, plus they mount through the fins.
    Slowtegay - 03 Sunlight Silver MP5 - KJ Swap in the works.

Comment

Well ****, if I knew frozenboost sold them I would have ordered it with the intake coupler lol

Thanks for the link though, I was pricing them out on summit racings website at $70 each, so frozenboost is definately the way I'll be going

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

TEST DRIVE!!!!!

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Sweet
          91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Ordered some new fans.... Thanks for the link lol

Then started working on getting the lighting up front working, the turn signal housings had a lot of corrosion in them so I decided to refresh them with some LED's

The headlights still aren't working but I believe the problem is inside the dash, possibly from mice chewing on the wires but that's the next job to do

But in the meantime, here's a shot I thought looked pretty cool

Comment

Looking good! Figure out the 5 lug parts yet?
              sigpic
              1992 Familia GT-X
              1988 323 GTX
              2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
              2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Haven't even started with that yet, although my plan is to get a set of BJ hubs and go from there..... But that won't happen until after the car is plated

Comment

Found the problem with the headlights, turned out to be a missed connection under the hood, very easy fix lol

But I still knew there was a mouse infestation in the dash so time to pull the interior..... Something I've been dreading......

This first pic didn't turn out the best but you can see the nests inside the vents

Everything out, and I mean everything lol

I spent a couple hours washing doen the firewall, floors, all the ducting including the HVAC unit etc to get rid of any evidence/smell from the mice

The insulation on the firewall had obvious signs where the mice had been so instead of trying to clean it and risk having the smell come back, I decided not to re-install the insulation and hope that the noise level won't increase too much without it

Afterwards I got the HVAC, dash, pedal assembly and steering column re-installed before calling it a day

Today I took the carpet to the car wash and pressure washed it and once it's dry I can finish putting the interior back together

I can almost finally see the finish line to getting this car on the road

Comment

Busy guy! Looking great though.

Comment

I got the interior all back together and it smells so much cleaner in there now.... If I turn on the heater fan I get blasted with the smell of pinesol

My "to-do" list is getting very small now

-make ECU mounting brackets
                      -make the final circuit for the engine harness
                      -make a battery tray and trim the panel to fit around the battery
                      -fix minor antifreeze leak
                      -install e-brake cables
                      -replace windshield
                      -take it to the drag strip

Comment

Got started on some permanent wiring for the engine harness

Since the battery is now in the back I first picked up a distribution block so I can pull power from the battery cable without running a wire all the way to the back

Then added another smaller distribution block and bolted it to the HVAC so I have an easy spot to power the relays

Then took 2 fuel pump relays and got the wiring prepped for install

Then got the relays bolted down and wired up and ECU wired up permanently

Before I can bolt the ECU in the stock location I need to modify the mounting brackets, I intend to use the stock ECU brackets and use them as a mounting plate for the KLG4 ECU.... Here's a pic to show the differences

Once the mounting brackets are made up I can tuck away the wiring and put the centre console back in place.... But before I do anymore fab work, I needed to see some drive time in this thing, so I took it for a short drive

Then some parts I ordered arrived

And installed...

I also have clear turn signals on the way in the mail to match the new headlight setup

The test drive overall went ok, the engine still has a bad oil leak, it overall feels sluggish but I also know the calipers are sticky so that could be holding it back.... it also pulls to the left but I also know the front drivers wheel bearing is toast and needs replacing

So there's still lots of work left to do on it..... Ugh FML

Comment

i dig that you're-using factory fuel pump relay's those things are indestructible i swear!
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Dude, progress is progress no less! More progress than I've been making on the KJ anyways...
                            Slowtegay - 03 Sunlight Silver MP5 - KJ Swap in the works.

Comment

Clear turn signal lenses arrived

Comment

Found some very oddball parts, BF GT door panels with manual windows

Comment

Working...
                                X