Ugly Betty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugly Betty

Here are some pictures of a GTX I picked up recently. I call here Ugly Betty even though she's a real sweetheart because of the amateur attempts at rust repair have left her very much out of the running for the Homecoming Queen title. She only has 94,xxx original miles and the engine is a real sweet sounding jewel, but with the stick exhaust (when's the last time you saw one of those???) she isn't going to set any land speed records. Anyway, soon to be for sale but I want to go though her one more time so I can honestly say what does and what does not work.

Bob
    Attached Files

Here are some close ups of the quarter panels. The driver's side floor pan has a fiberglass patch in it as well. It's all fixable if someone really wants to.
    Attached Files

Comment

when rust is that bad, what do you do?
      1993 Mercury Tracer, KLDE VItara build swap, Compound turbos, 12 injectors, 2 wastegates, 2 Megasquirts, 2 axles, 2 everything, why not

2nd Compounded KL in the world

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
        when rust is that bad, what do you do?
        Usually I part out the car. This one only has 94,xxx miles so I hate to do that. Plus there is little to no market for the parts anymore. So, I'll take it too the body shop and spend three times as much as I would ever get out of it on rust repair and paint.

Bob

Comment

not bad condition overall, just alot of filler.
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
          X