Blue Moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Moon

Here is another GTX I picked up recently (brings my current total to four! UGH!!!). It has 144,xxx plus something miles (the cluster was replaced at some point in time - I have the offset in the documentation, its not a large offset). This one has some serious electrical issues we are currently working through. I can see new wiring harnesses in my near term future! Good thing we have plenty of them!

Bob
    Attached Files

So pretty... Wiring issues are always fun. Looks like it will be worth it in the end.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

We found that the hatch wiring harness got pinched at some point and had to be replaced. The first one we put in also had problems but the second time was the charm. Still have issues up front, though. No spark. Only 10.5v at the coil so something is going on.

Here are some close ups of the rust in the quarter panels:
      Attached Files

Comment

where are you finding these cars??
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
        X