No announcement yet.

Problems with my B6: Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good info, thanks guys I really appreciate it. I'm going to try that before I do anything and then go from there. I am thinking of a motor swap but I don't have the means to do it right now so in the mean time I'm going to need this little b6 up and running. I'm thinking of trying something a little different like a Ford Zetec swap. I like the aftermarket support and I know there can be some good power made with it so, we'll see...

Comment

Don't turn to a swap because of your problem. Try and figure out whats wrong with your engine first, could be something simple. And even if it isn't a simple fix it will teach you something ;-)

I'm no expert on Mazda engines, but is it possible for a lifter to collapse??

Comment

I agree with you sling. I'm all about learning. I really want to find out the problem is and fix it. So today I tried what you said Bob and I got some good spray lol... so its gotta be something else. Is there a way to see if my FPR is clogged?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Martin View Post
          I agree that you should check your fuel pressure first. Here's how I do it: I remove the hose from the fuel filter, put my thumb over the fuel filter pipe and turn the key on. If I can hold the pressure back (no spray escapes) I have a bad fuel pump. If I get a good spray, the problem is elsewhere. Cover your hand with a rag!

Bob
          I think he should just put his face really close to the end of the fuel line when he loosens the clamp.... kidding. Don't do that.

Hope you've found out what it is. I agree with so many of the posts made so far in terms of trouble-shooting. I'm starting to think it might be your CAT if none of the other stuff worked. Try loosening up the two bolts at the front of the CAT and create a gap so that exhaust can leak to see if this affects your idle and revs. If your CAT is plugged and is the culprit, your car should run much better when doing this and it will be pretty loud. Just rev it by pulling on the throttle cable. I don't recommend driving it like this. LOL

Good luck.

Comment

My exhaust sys including my cat is only about 1 1/2 years old. Also I would totally check it out but the mechanic who made it welded it all together, so the only way for me to check my cat is to cut my exhaust : ( I'm hoping thats not the problem. I had my Disty advanced while it was running good. Ever since it started this, the only way to get a smoother idle was to completely retard the distributer.

Comment

Turns out my timing belt was off by about 3 teeth hence retarding the dizy. Now that its fixed it feels like a totally different car.. : )

Comment

Working...
              X