No announcement yet.

B6t electrical problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am interested heard about the rocket chip but i dont know anything about the gforce ecu. Whats the differance? Rocket chip is good till about 15 psi right?

Comment

Originally posted by Threetwenty3 View Post
      Whats the differance? Rocket chip is good till about 15 psi right?
      Which turbo you talkin' bout? Reich, EL Proto, HKS FCON, blah blah, they're good enough if all you're running is the stock or the VJ14/11 turbo. Just make sure you have a fuel pump that is capable... and have some gauges to monitor your vitals.

Comment

Thats basically what I wanted to know. My engine is all stock. I just need a new ECU and i was thinking of getting one from one of these guys already chipped. If im going to replace it I might as well upgrade while im at it. I just wanted to know which is better, and what the differance is if any between the Gforce one and the rocket chipped one. A chipped ECU enables me to run more boost right?

Comment

Originally posted by Threetwenty3 View Post
          I just wanted to know which is better, and what the differance is if any between the Gforce one and the rocket chipped one. A chipped ECU enables me to run more boost right?
          I don't know which is better. I can only tell you that I've run a mystery ECU and I've run the Reich Racing ECU and didn't notice any difference. This is with: an RX7 fuel pump, ProfecB boost controller, VJ14/11 turbo, MX-6 IC. I spent a few years rallycrossing, autocrossing, fun runs, commuting, etc... if that means anything worthwhile.

For your other question, I'd ask Rocketman. The ECU handles how much fuel is to be delivered by referencing some predetermined tables in the code. It doesn't handle timing, or any of the neat stuff that modern cars have.

Comment

The motor is all stock right now I do plan on doing upgraes obviously but for now it is what it is. Its going to be my dd so with that said, is it mandatory that i upgrade the fuel pump even though it will be stock for a little while?

Comment

Replied your PM
              1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
              1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
              www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Working...
              X