No announcement yet.

I need some turbo help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm running the ford probe turbo on my GTX (vj-11 i think). It's not a hybrid.

There was a tutorial on how to modify it for the GTX back on mazda323performance.com. Basically you have to rotate one pipe, i think coolant inlet, 90 degrees and modify the downpipe.

Pretty simple, and its a decent turbo. I have no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by bujbot View Post
      I'm running the ford probe turbo on my GTX (vj-11 i think). It's not a hybrid.

There was a tutorial on how to modify it for the GTX back on mazda323performance.com. Basically you have to rotate one pipe, i think coolant inlet, 90 degrees and modify the downpipe.

Pretty simple, and its a decent turbo. I have no complaints.
      I have 3 of those turbos in my garage blown. I went with the hybrid because it spools faster. All the qualities of a 14 and an 11. Bigger front housing and small back housing

Comment

get a turbo off an eclipse (tdoh5) they are not to hard to find i bought one that was in perfect cond. with no shaft play for 20 bucks lol dude was hard up for cash lol thats what i am going to put on my b6t when i do my capri xr2 to 323 swap. and they are also water and oil like the factory just a tad bigger,i still have my stock unit(vj14-9002 rhb5) thats in great shape but i dont know if i want to sell it right yet but may after i do my swap and the tdo5h works good.
        schmlick blang

Comment

Working...
        X