88 gtx no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88 gtx no spark

A few questions. Work on the gtx has continued again after looking at another one to possibly buy and just swap my stuff over. Here are the questions...

where does this connector go to

Where do these connectors go to?

should we be getting 12 v on both connectors into the coil pack?

I dont know why this thing isn't getting spark. And the one connector that plugs in underneath the fuse box only has one wire going to it is that right? Also is there supposed to be one open fuse? not being used?

Has anyone made a more useful diagram of the connectors or wiring at all? cause the manual I have with the wiring diagram seems pretty worthless.
    Thank you so much for any help. I think were pretty close I at least heard the fuel pump go on and the starter works so thats more than I have heard in months and its awesome. haha so lame but awesome.
    Last edited by g3mccotter; 03-30-2011, 03:40 PM.

help?

Comment

if you can just help me with one of my questions that would be great

Comment

dude download the bf service manual at fordlaser.com you have to join to get the "service files".the wiring diagram in the back will be very helpful to you.

Comment

Unless its a different one than what I have downloaded it isnt that useful to me or my buddy who has a motor sports shop

Comment

The round plug should be aux.fan air cond.

Comment

Which round one the larger or smaller? I deleted the ac so that is not going anywhere i guess. I really appreciate it.

Comment

ok by round plug im guessing you mean the one on the left in the second to last picture. alright now ac so that doesnt go anywhere. What about the others?

Comment

got it running! after many months of nothing a fellow gtx owner in co helped me get it running. Now I need the front tranny motor mount and possibly the passenger side motor mount. I would prefer to just replace them all with poly mounts any ideas where to get those for reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                  X