why is there no thread for 86-90 323 fwd??? need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks clean very nice,i was wondering i am new and i have a 86 323 1.6i the car is already fuel injected,and i am gonna put the engine out of my capri xr2 in it and i have already pulled the ecu harness out of the capri and was wondering where would i find info on putting this into my 323 or do i have to change dash harness and all. this swap looks stupid easy as i have put 5 trannys in my capri lol to much boost. i just need some wiring diagrams and info on this,some parts i have already changed over to the 323 like fuel pump,airflow meter,wheels,and so on. i drive this car on a daily basis and would like to ge it swapped in a quick manner but i need some info on harness compatibility,thanks. capri is a 91 and the 323 is 86 and fuel infected harnesses almost look identical but wire colors dont match obviously
    Last edited by turbospoolin; 03-30-2011, 01:44 AM.
    schmlick blang

Originally posted by turbospoolin View Post
    looks clean very nice,i was wondering i am new and i have a 86 323 1.6i the car is already fuel injected,and i am gonna put the engine out of my capri xr2 in it and i have already pulled the ecu harness out of the capri and was wondering where would i find info on putting this into my 323 or do i have to change dash harness and all. this swap looks stupid easy as i have put 5 trannys in my capri lol to much boost. i just need some wiring diagrams and info on this,some parts i have already changed over to the 323 like fuel pump,airflow meter,wheels,and so on. i drive this car on a daily basis and would like to ge it swapped in a quick manner but i need some info on harness compatibility,thanks. capri is a 91 and the 323 is 86 and fuel infected harnesses almost look identical but wire colors dont match obviously
    i did my b6t swap from a 91 carpi xr2 into my 89 323. I used the capri engine/trans, mounts,fuel pump,rad, and ecu...then 323gt engine harness and dizzy. i dont rememeber 100% y i couldnt use the capri harness...http://www.mazda3club.com/showthread.php?t=38987

Comment

well unfortunatly my 323 is not a gt its just fuel injected 1.6 8 valve engine so i dont think that harness will work but i have heard that i can plug my capri ecu in and run the correct wiring from pinout for the dizzy that was one of the differences and the tps but same directions were givin for that to
      schmlick blang

Comment

hello, i am doing a capri to 323 swap and i need some wiring info. the 323 is a 86 1.6i sohc fuel injected 8v engine. between the capri xr2 and the 323 they look almost identical in the engine compartment other than the obvious engine differences i already have the ecu harness out of the Capri,and it will plug right into the 323 harness but im guessing that the wiring will differ and i am not gonna try it and burn something up. if i could figure out the long black narrow plug that's next to the ecu, the rest will be plug n play. i know with it unplugged on the 323 the fuel pump wont come on and comparing to the xr2 harness some of the wires are in a different place and has more wires but will plug in. any help would be greatly appreciated
        schmlick blang

Comment

Bf section is where you need to be. I'll move this thread there. Bf was up to 89 not 90 . 90 started the bg chassis
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

oh ok lol that is right sorry
            schmlick blang

Comment

yay thanks this is great info galore!!!! thanks turpro
              schmlick blang

Comment

tturbospoolin, plz stick to your own thread about your own subject. Thread jacking is a
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

what are you talking about i asked a question and he replied??? i dont get it what did i do, thats the problem with these forums you can screw up n not know it, thats why i usally dont join forums because of this??????? i mean thread jacking??? owe kay lol ?????????
                  schmlick blang

Comment

this is someones worklog not your place to ask questions. If you need answers try the search feature 1st. If you still can't find the answers then open a new thread(like you already did). Just chill on the whole "this is why I don't join forums blah blah". Learn how to properly use a forum

I'll clean this thread up for you evilest
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

All yours and my posts have been moved from evilist's worklog. Use this thread for your questions unless you find the answer in another thread
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

so i am not allowed to post in any other threads??? since i created this thread??? kinda of like I.M. marketing seems like noone likes advertising lol in any type of situation. and by the way i was asked to post some pics in another thread, so am i allowed to do this???
                        Last edited by turbospoolin; 03-31-2011, 05:40 AM.
                        schmlick blang

Comment

You're not getting what I'm saying. Here's what I mean as simple as I can put it

Let's say there's a thread on wheel bearings for a bf car. You can't just jack a thread talking about harnesses just because its the same car as yours. Get it? That is his worklog on his car. If you want to talk about his car or ask questions about his car feel free to. But going in there asking questions about YOUR car is threadjacking.
                          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

ok i got it lol i think im gonna start my own work log to (:
                            schmlick blang

Comment

There ya go . I'm not trying to force anyone away from the forum. Just trying to get you moving in the right direction
                              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Working...
                              X