Bpt swap axle help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bpt swap axle help

I'm getting ready to start my bpt swap in my GTX. I know you have to use the bpt inners and the GTX outers, but I'm not really sure which parts to swap over. Anyone that has done the swap, I would really appreciate some help or a how-to to mate these axles.

I haven't done this exact swap but I have made axles before. Id imagine you use the gtx outer and shaft and insert that into the BPT axle cup for the tranny side.
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

I'm worried about whether I have to take bearings off of one axle and put them on the other axle. If it's as easy as you say it could be I'll be pretty happy.

Comment

The inner joint has a bearing that slides on splines, held on by a snap ring. Very easy to remove. Outer is a bitch though
        -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
        VF10 powered!
        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

I bought mine years ago from a guy in calgary,they were sold assembled,but if i recall correctly you use the bpt(protege awd axles)till the hub.Thats where you swap the bfs splined stub over.Some have mentioned that the axles can be a little long,so you reverse the bearing(s) and it free's up some space(theres obvious binding).Not sure if its the bearings on the knuckles(i 'd say yes)or the bearings towards the trans.Not sure if you got to do both sides.On my car the pass. side axle is closer to the knuckle than stock,cause I have to completely undo the knuckle (2 bolts at strut/2 bolts at ball joint to remove the axle from the car.You never have to remove the lowers on a stock bf.The info is out there on the yahoo site 4sure(search).Good luck. NickZ.

Comment

Working...
          X