What clutch will fit a GTX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What clutch will fit a GTX?

What years are interchangable for clutches? Will a SOHC clutch work in the GTX or is there a specific one that needs to work?
    1988 323 GTX - "Miss Becky" - VJ-11, Autometer Sport Comp boost gauge, Sachs Clutch, K&N Air Filter. Freshly rebuilt engine with Clevite Bearings, Fel-Pro Gaskets and NGKs, 2.5" Exhaust from turbo back with a Turbo muffler.

1970 Chevelle SS - "Krista"/"ALMYDOE" - restored from the ground up, 350/350, lowered 2" frnt 1" rear, flowmaster 40 series, Holley Street Avenger, GMPP intake, American Racing Torqlites. (Ported and Polished ZZ4 Aluminum Heads coming soon)

Upon some further searching it turns out the SOHC cluthc is more then an inch smaller in Dia.
    1988 323 GTX - "Miss Becky" - VJ-11, Autometer Sport Comp boost gauge, Sachs Clutch, K&N Air Filter. Freshly rebuilt engine with Clevite Bearings, Fel-Pro Gaskets and NGKs, 2.5" Exhaust from turbo back with a Turbo muffler.

1970 Chevelle SS - "Krista"/"ALMYDOE" - restored from the ground up, 350/350, lowered 2" frnt 1" rear, flowmaster 40 series, Holley Street Avenger, GMPP intake, American Racing Torqlites. (Ported and Polished ZZ4 Aluminum Heads coming soon)

Comment

Im pretty sure the Gseries clutch will work.
      At one point I had both and the friction disc was the same measurement and thickness between the two
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
      |.....Overnight....................| ||
      |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
      |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
      "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
      Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

From www.mazdaspeedmotorsports.com :

DISC, CLUTCH (ACT)

MX-3, 626, MX-6, MIATA, RX-7, PROTEGE 2.0

1986-03 $153.28

225mm ACT Street Disc. Designed for smooth engagement, quiet operation and improved durability using only the best organic, spring center designs. MZSD056S Fits 1.8 Miata, All 1983-97 626/MX-6 w/o turbo, 323 GT/GTX, & 83-88 RX-7

Notes: 3000203 SAME-5413-AC

For Centerforce DF:

DF CLUTCH ASSY

323 GTX 1.6 DOHC T 1988-89 $325.72

Centerforce Dual-Friction clutch is specifically designed for autocross and racing applications. A race-proven centrifugal weight system on the pressure plate generates up to a 90 increase in holding capacity over a stock clutch, with minimal increase in pedal pressure. Disc features unique carbon-fiber facings which are lighter, more hear and oil resistant, and less abrasive than metallic facings. Includes Pressure Plate and Disc. Use with Mazda Factory throwout bearing.

Notes: DF543007 88-89 323 GTX

Comment

And the Kia Sportage with the FE motor I think will fit too.
          My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

Working...
          X