Exhaust manifold options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tweety2300 View Post
    All 3 were loose enough for me to turn them by hand. I've re tightened them twice now but it's hard to do it right with such little space. I need to pull the entire manifold off to get to them and tighten them properly. But I don't want it to crack more. It had loosened up on you which is the weird noise you were hearing from the turbo and why it was only hitting 14 psi. When they're tightened down enough it makes no noise and hits 16 psi. When I get the new manifold I'll have to lock tight them or something
    Hmm yeah that makes sense. I guess they worked themselves loose from constantly heating up and cooling down, because I personally tightened them myself. The manifold comes off pretty easy, but you need to loosen the p/s pump IIRC to get to one of the bolts. Everything else should come off without issues, I've had it all off before, takes no more than 15 min or so to remove the turbo and snake it around the oil hardline.

I'll bet it runs like a raped ape now and builds boost a whole 1k rpm lower now. It was all sorts of fun before I started having the boost issues.

Comment

Ya I wouldn't have a problem pulling it off but I don't want to because of the crack. I think the reason it loosened up is because the entire exhaust moves as one piece there's no flex pipe in it or anything. I think it hits 16 psi at or a lil over 4000 rpms. I haven't really driven it much the past few days since its been so hot out

Comment

Working...
      X