X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B6T ECU Fuel Map

Hey guys,

i'm new in this forum and my english is not perfect so please, no judgement

I'm turboing my Mazda MX-3 (1.6 SOHC engine, B6-ME) and I need Mazda 323GTX B6T engine Fuel Map. I'm thinking about soldering it in my old B6 ECU, because it's a low budget project. Any ideas where can i find this exclusive item?

Best regards,
    FatBoySlim

I don't know if you can swap eproms or not, but if you can, it doen't involve soldering.
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

actually it does. we switched KL motor eproms. From K8 to KL-DE and KL-ZE. thing is - I need the b6t fuel map

Comment

Well, best o' luck with that!
        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

MY ECU's EPROM is solded into the board, i have all the items to switch EPROM. The thing is, I don't have the B6T fuel map .bin file :/ it drives me crazy

Comment

You'll need the whole B6T ecu/harness/sesnsors etc if you wanted to go that way. the B6 sohc ECU is significantly different, the ROMs will not interchange and work correctly
            1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
            1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
            www.werbatfik.com

Comment

in that case, it sucks. I was also thinking about putting a piggy back. Since there are a lot different types of them i was wondering what would be the best? I found that "Split Second" makes only fuel enrichment piggie's, but they're quite expensive. What about other manufacturers? AEM and Greddy are really expensive, Megasquirt is almost cheaper compared to those.

P.S. There's an option for me to buy used GReddy E-Manage Ultimate (used one) for roughly 130 bucks. Is it fittable to MX-3? or any other mazda? if it's possible, than i'd go that way.

Comment

Buy a MegaSquirt, the MS1 kit is very affordable and should be fine for a budget turbo build

www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Two reasons why i don't want MS:
                  1. It's not affordable in Lithuania. Base price including instalation and early mapping costs around 1200 Dollars. That's more than my car and the whole turbo project worth.
                  2. If you install MS, you will not be able to use your car every day and expect normal fuel consumption. With piggyback you can use few presets for track, road or aggresive driving. And piggyback can be installed in my garage and there is no need for a new fuel map, because my old ECU will stay.

Comment

If you can solder a ROM, you can solder & assemble a Megasquirt. It's a DIY thing - install & tune it yourself. There's a massive amount of documentation to walk you through every aspect of it. MS can easily be installed in a garage - ask anybody around here running one.

And your second point is totally unfounded. It depends on how you tune the ECU. You can tune it for better than stock mileage, if you wanted - and you can have street/track maps for the MS as well

www.werbatfik.com

Comment

You CAN tune MS for that, the thing is - for the first time you need a dyno stand for that. with piggyback it more simple. you hook your laptop to piggy via usb, check engine info on the run and you can adjust everything on the go.

MS is much harder to install than a piggyback. MS replaces the original ECU, which means you will need new wire installation, i'm not THAT good. Piggy is installed between ECU and other parts (lambda, MAF and so on) and has less wires and it's easier to install. Where I come from, MS is a big deal and all the people who can help you about it won't, because it's their job to install it, so free advice is not their biggest priority.

So main question remains - is GReddy E-manage compatible with Mazda ECU's???

Comment

Your initial MS maps can be designed on the PC or grabbed from someone else with a similar setup and then fine tuned on the street with a laptop, like you mention. You do not *need* a dyno. You will need a wideband O2, but you should have that anyway

MS does not have to completely replace the stock ECU. I built this piggyback system to retain the stock ignition:

This runs the spark on the stock ECU & the MS provides the fueling. If I had switched a few wires around I could have eliminated the stock ECU completely, but I didn't set up my MS to run distributor ignition when I built it. Later I added switches so I could adjust which ECU the car was running on on-the-fly. As you can see, the wiring is very simple, you can retain your stock harness. The Greddy piece would be a similar amount of wiring.

MS is relatively easy to learn how to tune on your own, it's designed around this fact from the ground up. (the designers wanted a budget standalone that didn't require professional installation/tuning...) There's plenty of documentation out there, I'd recommend at least reading a bit about it before completely dismissing it, as it seems you've been a bit mis-informed on it in the past.

Wether the e-manage is compatible or not, I don't know. It seems tailored mostly for the Honda folks. I think the biggest thing is what kind of airflow meters they read, the Mazda are VAF units and not MAF like most everything else

www.werbatfik.com

Comment

I want one of those....

Comment

Rocketman, thanks for the info. But i'm staying with GReddy E-Manage (if the seller still has it) or Ecumaster DET 2 or DET 3

Comment

I have ms. I ordered it from lex. Plug and play. I was up and running in 15 minutes.

Same fuel mileage but tuneable.

Comment

Working...
                              X