Fmic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fmic

What options do I have for an fmic? I can get one from a 1jz supra with piping for $40. I have the probe smic but it still heatsoaks pretty bad.

I know I'll have to cut the bumper out some but I don't have a problem with that. I just wana help with the heat as it is now after a hard run the cold pipe is so hot I can't even touch it

Just looking to see what other people have done

I've seen many different setups from:
    Probe/MX-6
    Saab
    Supra
    Starion (modded inlet/outlet)
    Bell intercoolers
    And air/liquid intercooler setups.

The main limiting factors are deleting a/c and using a different bumper. If I were to do it again, I would get a bumper from eBay.de

Comment

I don't know how people get a intercooler longer than 23-24"total length with out cutting out one of the vertical rad supports.Even if you remove em I don't think that would help much either.Even the gtae bumper is a tight fit,hard to go thicker than 2.25-2.5".I still a have puny intercooler,found a used cusco that was aprox.25" wide and 10-11"(don't really remember that) tall and2.5"thick.And I think that would need some welding to get in.

Comment

why not go water to air?
        2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
        1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Or you can get stupid and put custom end tanks on a saab 9000 IC...Corskport did this one. I bet they regretted it.Click image for larger version

Name:	Jays_GTX3.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1233201
          '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
          '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I have no ac so that's not an issue. I'm not doing a water to air because I don't plan on keeping the car forever. I can weld anything so mounting isn't a huge issue

Comment

Working...
            X