Fwd trans options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fwd trans options

Getting a grind when it's cold in 3rd and 2nd ( when it will go in) the trans I have came out of a capri xr2. What other cars can I use? There is a bg in a local junkyard will the trans out of it work?

the cable g series are hard to find. they only came in the 88-89 323 GT and the 91-94 mercury capri xr2. if you plan on putting some power to it i suggest switching to the hydro G series. i switched to hydo after breaking 7-8 cable trannies. its not any stronger but they are easier to come by
    i know its a piece of crap... but im still faster...

Comment

How hard would it be? I'm assuming your talking about the g15 mr in the protégés.

Would it just be trans ,slave cylinder, master slave, and line?

Comment

You will have fab up some mounts for that tranny. It is clocked forward for the BP motor.

Comment

G15 mr is what's in my protege with the 2.0, from what I can tell they sit the same. I'm just wondering about the axles

Comment

For sure with the BG tranny and likely with the tranny in your Protege you will need to hybrid the axles. Just curious why you want to run the GTX as fwd??? If you want a fwd why not just buy a good BF and drop an XR2 drive train into it...You could sell the GTX to someone who wants one. No angst...just wondering why.

Comment

Because right now it's a dd untill springish an I want to make it as reliable as possible, once I get a new job (soon) ill buy something else and will make it awd again, although the thoughts crossed my mind about making it rwd.

But for now due to time and funds I'm just trying to find a replacement trans, the previous owner already did the fwd conversion, I'd love to have it awd so It could be rallied again

Comment

Working...
              X