TD05 16 g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TD05 16 g

My turbo starts to blow up ( oil and so on ...) I have a TD05 16g in my garage ...
    I have see many mx5 turbo manifold and downpipe on e-bay... Is it a good choice to adapt my TD05 on my BF?

I know that this will not fit with out modification .I have a tig welding ...
    Do I have to flip the manifold? or only to work on the downpipe?

What engine do you have in your car?

The evo 6 to 9 exhaust manifold can be used. My friend have one of the evo 6 - 9 ebay exhaust manifold installed on his bpt engine. He cut off the evo flange & weld on the bpt flange also added a pipe for the external wastegate.

You only need to swap around the flanges. The runner are almost spot on when lined up, they are not too far apart that will give you too much issues that the welding cannot resolve.

Comment

I have a B6T .... so Im not sure about Evo header

Comment

Is it the twin entry TD05 16G you have? If your answer is yes, then you gonna need a twinscroll exhaust manifold or get the single entry back housing and get a adapter plate made to fit the b6t exhaust mani to the single entry back housing.

Get a evo exhaust manifold exhaust gasket and match it against the b6t exhaust gasket to see if it can still work without any major modification other from swapping around the evo & b6t exhaust flange and maybe bringing the evo runners closer to line up with the b6t exh flange.
        Last edited by mazkam; 01-17-2013, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks for advice ! its a simple scroll I will try a Mitsubishi...where can I buy B6T flange?

Comment

Here is a ebay link for the B6T exhaust manifold flange http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mazda-MX5-1-...item5d38bb4d15

Comment

Working...
            X