VJ11 wastegate actuator solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VJ11 wastegate actuator solutions

I am getting ready to install a VJ11 in my GTX and was wondering what everybody has done to fix the issue with the wastegate actuator hitting the block. I have read a couple different solutions and figured it would be good to get them all in one place so I can figure out what's going to work best for me.

while I'm on the subject, when I got the turbo from the junk yard I also picked up the injectors. Would . these be a useful upgrade over stock? The car already has a walboro 255log fuel pump and a corksport tune. I just want to get everything in order before I dig in.

Your thoughts?
    Adam

Re- Drill the holes on the actuator bracket to move it closer to the CHRA. I think you'll go from using 3 bolts to two.
    1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
    1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
    www.werbatfik.com

Comment

sounds easy enough. do you happen to have any pictures of the 're- drilled bracket?
      Also I'm still a little in the dark as to weather or not the mx-6 injectors will be a good upgrade. Would it only help me if I was running stand alone fuel management or a different tune?
      Any information would be swell
      Thanks

Comment

I think someone just beat the lip on mine in...

Comment

Originally posted by tweety2300 View Post
          I think someone just beat the lip on mine in...
          Yep this is the solution on my car also.

Comment

I really don't like VJ11's. VJ14 same price and handles 16psi much better. My opinion anyways.

Comment

I used the stock vj14 waste gate but modified the push rod to make it work. I might have pictures in my old gtx resurrection work long. You can search for it

Comment

Originally posted by Inseino View Post
                I really don't like VJ11's. VJ14 same price and handles 16psi much better. My opinion anyways.
                I know it's your opinion, but how do you figure that? The VJ11 is a larger turbo, ideally much more optimal in a hybrid 14/11 than a full 11 but they flow more & can sustain 16psi to redline. Both turbos max out their efficiency at 16psi. And where are you finding cheap 14's? 11's are much more common
                1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
                1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
                www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Working...
                X