Bolt on turbos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolt on turbos?

I'm sure there's a list somewhere but I can't find it.

Question is simple, I need a bigger turbo than my vj11 which is on its last leg that will bolt up to the stock manifold. Not worried about down pipe or oil and water lines as those are easy solutions. Would prefer to go as big as possible I already have a fmic and 2.5" dp back exhaust with high flow cat and reich racing hp spec ecu. Not worried about breaking the trans

The VJ11 is the only other available bolt on turbo aside from the stock VJ14. You can make a hybrid 11/Tbird that flows much more, other than that you're going to have to go "custom"

Custom manifold, adapter plates, etc. I have seen people adapt both T25 and TDO4 flanged turbos to the stock manifold
    1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
    1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
    www.werbatfik.com

Comment

I actually saw the tbird hybrid part right after I posted this. I'm looking to make at least 250whp preferably more towards the 300 area. Will the tbird hybrid support this? I couldn't find how much air they flow or how much power they can support

Comment

You could probably make the 250 mark with the Tbird, I don't know its exact limits I have seen 275-300 before but I don't really know about that. IMO you're better off adapting a turbo from something else the 14b/16G's are real popular and I think will hit your mark HP wise
        1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
        1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
        www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Before Corksport dumped the BF line of parts, they offered a Garret GT28 Hybrid that required use of the stock VJ14 hot side. It would be sent out and the turbine housing machined to fit the GT28's turbine wheel, etc. Very effective hybrid ball bearing turbo. If you can find someone selling one, that would be the way to go, but they only sold just so many im assuming as it cost about $1400 for the new turbo and machine work. Good for around 300 horse on the right tune.
          Mazda
          1988 Black 323 GT
          DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

I have a VJ11 forsale if you're interested.... It was intended to do a VJ11/VJ14 hybrid swap, but I did a ported T-Bird/VJ14 instead......

Comment

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
              Before Corksport dumped the BF line of parts, they offered a Garret GT28 Hybrid that required use of the stock VJ14 hot side. It would be sent out and the turbine housing machined to fit the GT28's turbine wheel, etc. Very effective hybrid ball bearing turbo. If you can find someone selling one, that would be the way to go, but they only sold just so many im assuming as it cost about $1400 for the new turbo and machine work. Good for around 300 horse on the right tune.
              I've got one of these suckers, have you got any info on it? Google searching mostly takes me to MS3 forums which aren't much help.

Comment

Not much info needed. A Garret 2860 stuffed in an IHI VJ14 turbine housing. 250+ HP capable but more than the GTX transmission will handle.

Comment

Thanks for the info boss, pretty much a complete guessing game about this thing as far as power output or builds it seems like.

Hopefully at 12lbs it won't make my G-Series go boom.

Comment

You have one Rob? Have you used it at all? Thoughts? Pics?
                    Mazda
                    1988 Black 323 GT
                    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Working...
                    X