Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mazda bg engine oil leak from crankshaft seal

#################
    Last edited by Nimz77; 11-12-2013, 10:10 AM.

You do have to remove the timing belt to change the front crankshaft seal. You can reuse your old timing belt but you probably should replace it. For just a new belt it should not cost too much money though.
    BPT Power....Drop a gear and disappear.sigpic

Comment

What's the total mileage on the car? Was the waterpump and timing belt tensioners done at the same time as the belt 30 k ago? If not I would do all 3 with new belt and never worry about it again

Sent from my iPhone5
      using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks lot

Comment

Thanks lot...just did 15k only ....so any way planning to replace following..

T-belt
          tensioners
          oil seals
          crankshaft seal

Please advise me good brand for above...

Comment

gates for all but the crank seal .. oem mazda for that

it took me about 3 hrs to do my waterpump, timing belt, and tensioners for the very first time

+ i did a few other things while i was in there.

not a difficult job and all the information is here to do it
            Last edited by MazdaNoob; 05-19-2013, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Can i ask whats so special about a gates timing belt? do they last any longer and warrant the price tag as over here they are around £80. Ive always used cheapish belts what ive picked up off ebay (good name brands, just a cheap price) for like £10 and never had any problems with them, and been a non-interface engine if one was to snap you're not really going to have and problems like bent valves or holes in pistons are you?

And i agree with above about the crank seal, and also you might aswel do the cam seals while the belts off and 100% get them from mazda. I used them ones out of a cheap ebay head kit and was leaking again within a year.

Comment

ive seen cheapie timing belts actually strip the teeth off the belts

the one on my car when i got it the backing was splitting and it was only a couple years ( mileage unknown )old

the reason for the gates belt also is they come in kit form with the tensioners and the tensioners are top quality bearings .. you can really feel/hear the difference

Comment

It's enough of a PITA that I wanna put stuff that lasts in there. I use the kevlar Gates belts myself.
                  '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                  '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                  http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Working...
                  X