Air/fuel ratio readings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air/fuel ratio readings

Installed one of these today and i dont really know what im looking for and whats good, all i know high numbers = lean, low numbers rich. :D

Idle im getting around 15-15.4
    Cruising around say 2000rpm its around 16.5
    On boost foot to the floor its anywhere between 13-14

Any help would be much appreciated.

Id say you're running a little on the lean side. Idle is in the mid 14s...and wot should be 11-12
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
      Id say you're running a little on the lean side. Idle is in the mid 14s...and wot should be 11-12
      Thats what i thought.

So my next question, is there anyway to adjust the mixture? My old mazda had a screw on the airflow meter that you could adjust for the mixture, (looked like someone had cut a groove into it) this one as you probably know, has just a round dimple thing on the meter.

Comment

I'm not a bf expert but if it has a vaf like the bg chassis it can be adjusted pretty easily. Theres a how to I think in the engine management section.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Cheers for that, there is a thread in there where someone has installed the exact same kit as mine. And a quick google search of VAF meter led me to this video.

Which is spot on, same engine.

thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X