No announcement yet.

Turbo Manifold - Who makes them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spect you'll find that combo to be an improvement..
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
      Well, good news, Got in touch with Neukin, and they are now making my manifold. Decided to go external wastegate, and to top it off, they are even building me a down pipe. Looking forward to this!
      sweet deal. hopefully doesnt break the bank either

NW MAZDAS

Comment

......$973 shipped.
        Already paid too.
        Mazda
        1988 Black 323 GT
        DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Ouch
          sigpic

Comment

Your tellin me...
            Mazda
            1988 Black 323 GT
            DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

thats gotta sting. but its properly made stuff that will last a long time

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Resale value on the Neukin stuff is pretty good too. But still. Ouch
                1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
                1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
                www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Yeah, well, I built this thing up in 09' and never got the bigger turbo setup I wanted. I finally am able to do it, and being such a hard thing to find, having one machined and fabbed in the US is worth it to me to do. At leaset I know Im not getting some chinese made product of poor quality steel, and nasty welds.
                  Mazda
                  1988 Black 323 GT
                  DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

I was quoted $600-700 for a custom tubular manifold with a warranty and ceramic coated, also there's someone runing a .70 trim t3 on a miata top mount manifold I think he's had it for awhile with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
                      Yeah, well, I built this thing up in 09' and never got the bigger turbo setup I wanted. I finally am able to do it, and being such a hard thing to find, having one machined and fabbed in the US is worth it to me to do. At leaset I know Im not getting some chinese made product of poor quality steel, and nasty welds.
                      Having it built over here does not guarantee you won't have issues.

Sent from my iPhone5
                      using Tapatalk

Comment

I know its no garuntee, but its a hope. News on this, Its been almost 4 months and dont have anything yet. Was talking with Alex at Neukin until about september when his shop burned down. Sent me an email assuring me he would still take care of me and my build (at the final tune of $1300). I was very greatful, but asked if he would keep me updated. Well, the last month and a half has gone by without a word from him. I emailed him a few times politely asking for just an update or response on what was new, but nothing. Im beginning to get antsy as $1300 is a lot of money to me. I sure dont want to take this legally, and give him the benefit of the doubt. But if he doesnt get back to me in the next few week,s I will start pursuing legal action. I hate the thought of it though.
                        Mazda
                        1988 Black 323 GT
                        DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

sorry to hear that man, hope it all works out

NW MAZDAS

Comment

OMFG... I just *knew* there was a reason for me to make my own!
                            '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                            '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Alex is a good guy, he would not screw you. I am sorry to read his shop burnt down, that is terrible news. Keep trying him, there are probably lots of customers with similar concerns that he is trying to make it right.

Comment

Crap that sucks! Alex seems like a good person, and the manifold he made for me was damn-good.
                                I hope this all works out.

Comment

Working...
                                X