BG Trans into a BF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BG Trans into a BF?

I have a 1987 323 sedan, it has an automatic with non-functional reverse.
    I want to do a manual swap, but I can't find any bf cars around my area. There are a few bg cars, would I be able to get any parts from them for the swap?

The BG trans will tilt the BF 1.6L around 12 degrees towards the front.... not a direct bolt in but it will fit with some work.

Comment

Or just swap a BP motor and trans into the BF. Probably only a little more work.

Comment

BG tranny's are hydro clutch where as BF tranny's are cable

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
          BG tranny's are hydro clutch where as BF tranny's are cable
          N/A Capri pedal assembly + clutch master cylinder should bolt right into another BF, that used a hydro clutch
          1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
          1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
          www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Super, thanks for the tips!

Ok, sounds like it would be preferable to wait for a bf donor car to show up.
            What parts would I need? I would obviously need the tranny, clutch/flywheel/pressure plate, and pedal assembly.
            When I did a manual swap on my Probe, I also had to change the mounts and one of the cv shafts. Will I need to do anything like that on the 323?

Also, are there any of these parts that could be sourced from different cars (Capris or BG's)?

Comment

Stay away from the BG if you want a bolt in swap. Use another BF323 or preferrably an XR-2 Capri G series tranny(cable clutch release and better unit) and a pedal assembly from either. I will be a straight forward bolt in swap.

Comment

Working...
              X