BF 323 GTX Transmission Parts...help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I have an '88 323 GTX. I bought it with a grind in second (shocking). Assumed it was just a synchro. Pulled it apart to rebuild it and found the that second gear synchro hub was damaged.
    ordered the part from mazda dealer 6 months ago from Japan...still waiting...loosing hope. I'm trying to track down a used damaged transmission or parts or possibly a good used unit. I was wondering if someone has anything or knows where I can get one. Also, the transmission from the BG GTX seems to be easier to find. Anyone know if there are shared parts or how similar the 2 transmissions are? Thanks for the help.

I have 3 dead BG AWD tranny's, when I get time I was planning to pull them apart to see what I can salvage, if the parts are the same, I'd gladly send you what you need

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

The BG transmission can be made to bolt to the B6T block. This buys you slightly wider and stronger gears, and the much much better viscous centerdiff and is prolly worth doing. Trouble is, if a feller is gonna go through all that trouble, he might aas well leave the thing bolted to a BPT and be done with it. The Yahoogroups 323gtx list has, prolly in the archive, step by step instructions on either swap. You're looking for Greg Downing's writeups. He started out with a bg trans swap to b6t then swapped that out for the bpt.
      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

You can use B6T 2wd parts as well... Hopefully you got a bearing kit, that's usually the hard part to get... I am not sure if you have pressed the gears off the main shaft yet.. It's takes a lot of time and care not to chip the teeth... I have 2 or 3 spare gear sets, but they all had bad/grinding 2nd gear..

Comment

Originally posted by crazycanadian View Post
          You can use B6T 2wd parts as well... Hopefully you got a bearing kit, that's usually the hard part to get... I am not sure if you have pressed the gears off the main shaft yet.. It's takes a lot of time and care not to chip the teeth... I have 2 or 3 spare gear sets, but they all had bad/grinding 2nd gear..
          I didn't have much trouble finding the bearing kit with synchros. Haven't been able to even find 2wd parts. I sent everything out to a transmission shop to be pressed but still haven't found the hub I need. I may be interested in one if you gear sets. Anyway I could get a pic or 2? Steeves.dan@gmail.com

Comment

I'll see about digging it out this week.... Do you have a picture of the damaged clutch hub you have?

Comment

Working...
            X