Name:	20140430_125009.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	338.2 KB
ID:	1271860

You have a pm

Comment

Is that where cams sit???

Comment

Ya ... exhaust cam welded itself to cap and took some metal from head, cam, and cap

Comment

Brutal. Time for a new head and cam. Im not sure of any effective methods to repair the head like that. Maybe over-bore it and cast babbit in place?
          1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
          1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
          www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Um yah what he said. Your'e pertty much screwed. Overbore and cast babbit? Then take it in a linebore it? and hope to hell the babbit stays put? Prolly cost less to get another head. Cuz that didn't just happen, you prettymuch have to have an oilfeed restriction somewhere. If it's just on that journal, then the restriction is in the head, and well, replacing the head solves the problem that caused the problem!
            '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
            '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

ya azgtx has a new head for me...gonna get it and put it in..... thats about all i can do... but now that i see this is a active forum ill start posting alot more.. thanks for all the help yall
              Tommy

Comment

Possible over torque? Were you in there prior to failure? :Doesnt look like it. Sucks, I vote new head. Fill us in.
                Looks like Clay has the solution for you with the rapid response pm,lol, you should probably take him up on it. Goodluck man. PS!
                Beat me by five minutes on that post, itll be good. Ya great support here. But why did it happen?
                Last edited by nickz; 05-02-2014, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
                  Um yah what he said. Your'e pertty much screwed. Overbore and cast babbit? Then take it in a linebore it? and hope to hell the babbit stays put? Prolly cost less to get another head. Cuz that didn't just happen, you prettymuch have to have an oilfeed restriction somewhere. If it's just on that journal, then the restriction is in the head, and well, replacing the head solves the problem that caused the problem!
                  Hog it out, then drill some shallow pockets into the head at opposing angles to lock the babbit in. Babbit gets cast into place, and then either run as-is or scraped true, but doesn't need line boring. You'd have a camshaft in place when you cast it so it's hopefully pretty true to start with. That's how old engine bearings were made before the steel-backed shells we have today. More of a last ditch method IMO, certainly not a better option than replacing the head, but hey worth a mention I think.
                  1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
                  1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
                  www.werbatfik.com

Comment

No I've never been in the head.... don't know anything about the car... just know I've replaced every gasket except the head gasket which I'm doing next week.... When I traded for it it was not running
                    .....put some new gas in it and changed fuel filter it ran good.. since I've put rocket chip in and a bigger turbo..... I'll post some pics of car and setup some time this weekend

Comment

Ya figure I'd do it right and just replace the head

Comment

Working...
                      X