Lifter/Cam Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifter/Cam Noise

I just replaced the head gasket and got the head decked and cleaned so i had to pull the cams and lifters out but left the valves/springs in. Replaced the turbo with a very clean vj11 and upgraded intercooler. timing belt was changed about 3000km ago along with water pump and spark plugs wires and distributor cap so i put a lot of time and money into the car. Never taken apart a head before so the only mistake i made was I didn't keep track of the HLA because they all looked identical but they are in different places then originally. putting everything back together, timing belt was also my first time but seamed to be right, maybe a little tight... start the motor up last night for the first time and reved to about 1200 then died with a lot of lifter noise. engine light was also on. tried again and it will run with a touch of gas but a lot of ticking lifter noise. sorry for the long explanation but i want you to know the full story. What are your thoughts about the noise and engine light?

Lifters should quiet down after they pump up with oil. As for the cel what is the code it is throwing ...obviously pointing to your issue.

Comment

So I should keep running it for a bit? Why do you think the motor quits? And the engine light you think is an oil sensor?

Comment

you need to check the code.

Comment

MAF connection wasn't plugged in. Engine light gone and after about 20 minutes of driving all the tick is gone. Couple times I couldn't get the revs past 30 and very little power. Might be an old fuel filter or something. Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
          X